Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday // Motivation // Tues 14 Aug, 7pm AEDT

agreed @Zoe7

I find it hard to not feel silly, for crying or overreacting and not doing what i want. I think for me the issue is I have a bath or do some things i want to but procrastinating on others. Reading, cooking, exercise.

@Lauz I’m not sure I have any rewards or anything to give myself when I’ve achieved something. 

My approach to stigma is to face it head on @Clo1

I can respect and understand that not everyone can do that and that's okay. But I'll be damned if I let perceptions of others put me off what I want to achieve

Fabulous @Zoe7 - isn't it funny how we can so quickly get swept up when achieving one thing, to go to thinking about all the other things still left to achieve and how that then makes us feel de-motivated once again. Taking that time to contemplate and give yourself some respect for the job you have done is a good way to maintain motivation. It's come up a fair bit tonight that this can be a hard thing to actually action - taking that pause after small achienvements, but it shows how worthwhile it can be, as you have shared

Allowing myself to have a break and a cup of tea.  Buying myself a nice bottle of wine and watching a favourite dvd.  Going for a walk or a run in the sun by the river... 🙂

I'm the same - no real rewards anymore as I don't enjoy much anymore

Even writing down what would have happened IF you had not achieved it?
Or writing how it felt to achieve or close something off? I know sometimes it s hard

@BlueBay Maybe you need to think about some small rewards you can add to your coping box for when you do achieve those things - a chocolate or some bubble bath,,,

Yeah @Zoe7 thsts a good idea. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

For 24-hour telephone crisis support, call Lifeline on 13 11 14

If life is in danger, call 000