Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

ClockFace
Senior Contributor

Sleeping at the table

Bit of a different post for me. My sister has a tendancy, on a near daily basis to go to bed in her bed but part way through the night will come down and sleep at the table. Or she will just go to sleep at the table and miss going to bed altogether.

Does anyone have any theories or experienced similar?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Sleeping at the table

Hrmmmm....does she know she is at the table? @ClockFace - is there an awareness?

@tyme 

Yeah. she does it diliberately most the time. Like she decides not to go to bed but to sleep at the table. God help you if you wake her and tell her to go to bed. She will fight tooth and nail and just stay sleeping at the table. Its really odd, well I  think it is and I cant think its gonna be good quality sleep for her

How old is your sister @ClockFace ?

Also, is there harm in sleeping on the table? From a borderline's perspective, if you tell her not to do it, I sort of think she will fight to keep doing it.

This may look like she is 'rebelling', but I know for me, it was for a sense of control. Why? Because my brain was so unstable that whenever someone told me not to do something, it would be give a reason to do the opposite...

@tyme 

Shes 41

Ive given up telling her not to. I think Dad has as well.

She is defiant, u tell her not to do something or talk to her about an issue and she double down  on it.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

For 24-hour telephone crisis support, call Lifeline on 13 11 14

If life is in danger, call 000