Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Happy new year!

Happy New Year everyone! Sorry @Zoe7 I wasn't moderating last night but I hope it was fun!! Thanyou for thinking of me.

Sylvester 

SANE Moderator 

Hey @Sylvester Lovely of you to stop by - hope you have a wonderful year this year Smiley Very Happy

@utopia Hugs Hon Heart

Hey @Adge How are you today my little finch friend? DId that horrible loud music stop or keep you up all night?

Hi @Zoe7 Your tag must not have come through (when you posted).

Because it's only there now.

The intrusiveness & loud vibrations of neighbour's speakers (goes through everything) - seems to trigger me quite badly.

So it's very hard to focus on (or do) anything else whilse it's happening - because I go straight into a Dissociation (trauma) response.

Sorry I did not manage to stay online (Forum Party) longer - dealing with the loud noise here is actually very draining.

It went all night, right through until 5.00am or so. Then they started it up again mid-morning, not quite as loud.

I did manage to get to sleep (thanks), but the noise woke me up again (several times).

That was with my ear plugs in (all night), with all my interior doors (& windows) closed - & with my own gentle classical music playing (inside), to try to mask some of the neighbour's noise.

Adge

I am so sorry you had to put up with all that again @Adge Some people just have no regard for their neighbours at all and unfortunately you are on the receiving end of their selfishness. I hope that it doesn't start up again tonight and you can get some peace.

Thanks @Zoe7 I find that being able to tell people on forums a bit about it - helps me to feel less isolated, in dealing with it.

I'm slowly developing a few strategies (like playing my own gentle music) - that help me to be a bit less victimised by it.

I have to work on it (strategies).

Otherwise I will stay inside house, never make use of my own backyard (garden) - & would continue to feel like a prisoner in my own house (because of loud noise intrusions).

Adge

There must be council regulations where you can report the excessive noise @Adge Have you enquired about what they are and where to report it? It is not something you need to continue to put up with - even reporting it to the police - if you do so often enough they will interject. You could also ask your neighbour (the one you get on well with) to do the same - multiple complaints from multiple sources show a pattern of disturbance and there is more likely something that can be done as a reult to control the noise.

Not a problem @Zoe7 , I kept falling asleep

peri

May 2020 be a good year for us all.
Have a great day good friend. Bimby2.

its likely theyre in govt housing else their landlord would nt put up with it @Adge  think supposed to be 3 strikes and youre out these days then they will send them to someone else. Theres time restrictions for noise and rights to peace and quiet. one time I rang cops when there were 12 undesirables having a party in 1 br flat mentioned a weapon, had the brief pleasure of seeing them on their knees hands over heads cops with guns drawn ha . if they want to act like animals go do it in a zoo

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

For 24-hour telephone crisis support, call Lifeline on 13 11 14

If life is in danger, call 000