Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Good Morning!

What's that @TAB

well maybe I meant following weather that is amenable dunno  @greenpea  yes house is sort of airy turned a/c on before but its bit too early, was going by thermostat, only high 20s here today struggling a bit this week cos its getting down to 10 overnight, havent had that in a while

I see @saturnzoon well hopefully they get my questions answered hey.

As for your sons I'm not sure. Maybe what @Gazza75 has said

..whats what @MDT 

@saturnzoon 

I agree with @Gazza75 . Clear after dinner rules .. low stim ...

Problem is oldest sounds like he does not care how it effects you all.  Having someone else to leverage over oldest might help, but welfare sounds heavy.  However, it might just be what has to happen.  Is there anything responsible you can do with oldest to give him some self respect ... a handyman or painting job around house??

Sorry. Its a tough situation, but sadly not that unusual. 

Take Care

Have just found that the funeral for my friend that died is Sat am. Sat down with a friend at craft who said to write down anniversaries etc at this time that can be affecting me. Turns out there are 8 in 12 weeks Sept to Nov. Could be why I am suffering at the moment, but also because of just starting to let things bubble out with B. Have learnt there is an afternoon tea put on Tues by the RSl, so will go to that to have company for the afternoon with it being the anniversary of Nana dying. The morning is always my washing time. 

Hope you can get some peace @cutiepiekitty 

Thanks @TAB Trying to put things in place but it is hard. Had 3 ladies at craft all come up individually and say good affirming things to me which I have trouble accepting in myself, but I have written them down and will try to accept them. So much I have trouble with to learn

just do what you are okay with maybe @cutiepiekitty  just because people offer things doesnt mean you have to take it on board. Consider it. Try it maybe. They mean well

Former-Member
Not applicable

@cutiepiekitty, these anniversaries are so hard, especially the lead-up... You take it easy on yourself (especially in our thoughts). Your childhood sounds similar to mine, this was a good article I read this week that you might find helpful:
https://blogs.psychcentral.com/childhood-neglect/2019/10/the-3-areas-of-your-adult-life-most-affecte...
💜💙💚💛🧡Hugzz
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

For 24-hour telephone crisis support, call Lifeline on 13 11 14

If life is in danger, call 000