Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Any diagnosed germophobes or hoarders on this forum?

Thinking of you @Dimity  and hoping you're OK... 🤞

@creative_writer wrote:
We separate outside clothes from home clothes. The idea of going into bed with clothes I wore on public transport and uni makes me gag

Me too! I have my "going out" clothes and my "at home" clothes separate. I tend to wash my going out clothes every time after I wear them too. 

And I use sanitiser after touching any doorhandles of shops, do you? 

@creative_writer 

@NatureLover, it comes down to the type of clothing if they get washed after wear. I don’t think things like coats or jackets would hold up well when washed too often. Those clothing get hung up on a rack.

I don’t use as much sanitiser as I used to, still use it though. I’ve been trying to normalise, but I probably am still one of those few people who carries around sanitiser

@creative_writer  Yes, I have a rack where I hang my "going out" clothes too if I don't wash them. Mostly I wash them, but not always - it depends how high my triggers are. 

I have lots of sanitiser in my bag and car and house. I also still wear masks while shopping too. 

Do you wear masks in the bus?

@NatureLover if only coats and jackets could survive more frequent cleaning, I would wash more often. Base layers get washed.

I was literally the only person I saw the other evening during a social event sanitiser. My family did ask for some of my sanitiser though. I didn’t want to eat without first sanitising my hands because it felt gross otherwise. I know other people probably don’t care.

I used to wear mask on public transport but would end up nauseous, so I had to give it up. The mask wearing while travelling can make me feel migrainey and nauseous

@creative_writer wrote:
I used to wear mask on public transport but would end up nauseous, so I had to give it up. The mask wearing while travelling can make me feel migrainey and nauseous

Ah yes, that makes sense, although I'm sorry to hear @creative_writer . 

I think it's basic hygiene to wash hands or sanitise hands before we eat. 

@NatureLover well i did the vaccuuming last week, the whole house after like, months.  I dont know where i got the spoons.  I hope you have been well.  I see Dimity is having a break.  Sending blessings. 🙏

Congratulations on doing all that vacuuming! @scruffypuffball 

Nice to see you here. Yes, I miss @Dimity

Hello @NatureLover , @scruffypuffball , @creative_writer , @Dimity 

How are we going today 

Doing nothing here , second cuppa xx

@Shaz51 @NatureLover @creative_writer @Dimity 

coming down from a bout of anxiety due to work over last 2 weeks.  some personal stuff as well.  I promised myself I would have a quiet weekend with self care.  I hope i can prevail.  I will start with pancakes for breakfast.  cheap and easy.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

For 24-hour telephone crisis support, call Lifeline on 13 11 14

If life is in danger, call 000