Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A Life of Trauma and Tragedy (Possibly Triggering Content)

Ahhh  yess . . .   Rain drops on tin.    Sold more copies than the Beatles  that tune. . .          @Emelia8 

OH   the slippers.   Mate,   slippers passed customs.   I already chewed all the flavour out of 

them.     Oh ,  that's a dreadful thing to say.  My doctor says,   I lack a filter.  Sorry   Emelia.

So are you  managing to relax and think up some distractions.  Well I guess that is  Hannah's  job

Anyway tell Hannah those Slippers are special.   I snuck them of some old  bloke that was sleeping 

on a park bench.   Pink just did not suit him..

Well thats my treatment technique.   Your so appalled at me,  that you forget just a little your woes..

What's that you say. . . .    you'll take the woes.    We have to laugh don't we mate.

Makes for a brolly in the rain.   Hey  Mate. . .  29 minutes to go.  Come back if you need the company.

Your friend ..    tonys.

One now wet and soggy pink fluffy slipper in a mens size 10 parked incongruessly next to my pillow. Thanks Hannah!  And thanks @tonys 😂💕

The rain has stopped. The thoughts and horrors of the past, have not.  The day has now passed. The crime that was done by another,  has not. Some things can be forgiven,  some things are unforgivable. 

Goodnight anyone reading. 

I am okay. 

Mmmm  @Emelia8 ..  Yes  my friend.   There are things that are most definatley unforgivable.

Most with a diploma on the wall would say Forgiveness is part of the healing prosses.   Not me.

Forgiving is a welcome mat for forgetting.   Forgetting invites the same people to do it all again 

to you.  I'm not one who believes people can change.  They just add more professional coats of paint

to hide that same dark monster within.   You don't stop a head on collision by expending your energy.

You divert the momentum of that energy with deflection.   

I'm saying Use it,   Channel it.   Let that anger flow from you,  into sculpture,  art,  writing, Some form of 

Ugly disfigured  beauty,   that speaks to others who may have been through your pain,  and can connect with it.    I have those living ghosts.   I think of them as dead   till someone or something makes it so . . .

And them I'll think on them  no  more..       "Jessica Lang in  Rob  Roy"

That which is to much to endure,  will eventually succumb to time.      or Karma 

Please be kind to yourself   Emelia.                                  Your friend                                                            tonys..     Now we need a little smile my friend.

How did you become so damned wise @tonys 😊 ?

Said in admiration and gratitude. ♥

Thank you. Now go get some sleep!!! For me I think it looks like another night of no sleep. But I am logging out now. Maybe catch you tomorrow? Thank you for keeping me company up until now. 

Over to Hannah and her one remaining precious pink slipper. 

Wise  🫨  Who..   me.    Nahhh.   I think Perhaps I was just a little lucky to have a street education.

Things can get pretty black n white on the wet side of windows.   You are a soft person too which is 

a wonderful thing but also the scariest ride in the theme park when exposed to major trauma.

I take a beating and its no big thing.  You take a beating and its a major assault on your sharp

senses.   In many ways,   I would rather be you.  @Emelia8 

I have always thought of people as walking puzzle pieces.   Life is a search for the pieces that best fill

the parts missing in you.  When all the pieces fit,   you have social cohesion  and harmony.  Took me a life time to find the people that fit my shape and now they do what I cant,  and I sleep nights.

If the help you have is good,  you ask of it,   is it the best. If its offended,  keep searching.               Until you sleep  sound on a pillow

of pragmatism,  and can rationalize all that you think and feel,  your search for the people that can carry you past that  dark  date,   continues.      

My little puppy lives inside me.  Takes a lot to nurture her but I don't run the risk of placing emotional 

investments  in people and things external to me,  where they may one day be beyond my control.  No one person can ever have all the right answers to a happy life,  That's why its a thousand piece puzzle and looks 

so good if you see it complete.

Loved spending time with you last night.  I hope today the winds were more favourable.   Happy to share a stormy sea again my friend.   Anytime...       tonys.😊

Thinking of you @Emelia8  and hoping you're enjoying life if possible with your little puppy 🙂

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

For 24-hour telephone crisis support, call Lifeline on 13 11 14

If life is in danger, call 000