Skip to main content
Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Caring4Corny

@Corny  you did not come across as being obsessed with money at all. 

I love giving too ... particularly if I find something at random times that I know someone will find useful or has a particular need for and I do feel chuffed when I know the gift is loved and/ or appreciated.  I am not so fond of giving for the sake of giving (ie Christmas presents), yet I love Kris Kringle's (particularly if there is a funny theme, a low $$ limit or must be an op shop find rule).

Conversely, I am not so good at receiving ...

hope it gave you a smile @Corny 🌈

Surprise buying is the best. When you see something that reminds you of someone, and you get it on a whim, they are so surprised @Former-Member !

Receiving is really really tough for me, hence this thread. Maybe once I learn that its OK to have needs of my own, I can then learn to receive.

Gotta get past the first hurdle which is years of conditioning....baby steps I suppose. I am seeing gradual progress in the right direction.

I have to also learn to only surround myself with people that respect me fundamentally, and not conditionally.

Corny xx

It did indeed @outlander and thank you for the rainbow!

Heart

im glad to hear that @Corny Heart
Former-Member
Not applicable

@Corny Simply put, I think that my self value started to improve when I started to take tangible steps to take control of the things that I could (the clutter, my gardening clothes) and along the way I started to work through the harder things.  In the mix was evidence that some of the things I had to say made a tangible difference in the lives of others. Having a voice that was heard and that what I said mattered ...

Former-Member
Not applicable

Checking in @Corny 

Caring for you @Corny , and concerned that we haven’t heard from you for a while ....

👋💕

Former-Member
Not applicable

How are you going @Corny 

006.png@Corny 

For 24-hour telephone crisis support, call Lifeline on 13 11 14

If life is in danger, call 000