Skip to main content

Re: Topic Tuesday // Finding community: Feeling belonging and connection // Tuesday 7th December, 7:00- 8:30PM AEDT

Hello @Daisydreamer , @HenryX , @BlueBay , @Former-Member  

Re: Topic Tuesday // Finding community: Feeling belonging and connection // Tuesday 7th December, 7:00- 8:30PM AEDT

Hi everyone Smiley Happy

So, just a little about me...

I am one of the peer support workers here at SANE and have 6yrs experience of working across various settings including hospital, community & suicide prevention spaces as a peer worker.
Prior to that I spent 12+yrs working in another profession & stumbled across the peer workforce while at a cross roads in my life.

I’m someone who has experienced the struggle to find communities where I belong and feel connected in.
But I have also been fortunate to find ones along the road of trial & error that have really forged a way forward in my own healing, wellbeing and growth. 

This is a conversation I am really excited to have with you all here on the forums as I often see others sharing similar feelings of loneliness/disconnection or longing for connections in communities.

Thanks for joining us here Heart
and please, we love hearing from your own perspectives & ask you to share your own thoughts around the areas we’ll be discussing tonight.

Welcome @still_bookish 🙂

Hey @Shaz51 thank you for being here tonight! 🙂 

Also a warm welcome @Dimity 

@HenryX  @Former-Member @Daisydreamer  and all good to be here.  Am just listening in atm. xx

Thanks, @Daisydreamer. Hi everyone.

So great to learn more about you and your experience @Former-Member 🙂 Looking forward to hearing you insights from your experiences of finding community. And as @HenryX mentioned, hearing how you have overcome barriers

Welcome @greenpea 🙂 Sounds good!

Hugs my @greenpea ❤

@Daisydreamer , @Former-Member  it is soo important to feel belong and connected to a community 

Let's get started with our first question 🙂 Please feel free to answer this one too @still_bookish @greenpea @HenryX @still_bookish @Dimity @Emelia8 @outlander 

Question 1: What does Community mean to you?

For 24-hour telephone crisis support, call Lifeline on 13 11 14

If life is in danger, call 000