- Author : nashy
- support : 5
- Topic : Forums news and feedback
*edited: Applications are now closed. If you have any questions please feel free to email email@example.com ☺️
The time has come for us to recruit for the 2019 Community Guide Program!
Community Guides are members of the SANE Community that consistently engage in the forums by providing knowledge, offering support and helping to role model the forums principles and culture.
Community Guides (CGs) are members of the SANE Forums community who live and breathe the forum values, caring for the community and its members. CGs are;
- Warm and welcoming
- Open and non-judgmental
Those who become CGs are typically already leading and role-modelling within the community, most likely without even realising ☺ The purpose of the volunteer program is to formalise what they are already doing well and offer additional support to continue their great work to maintain a thriving community.
We expect our Community Guide’s to commit at least two hours per week (structured at their own leisure) to the below activities:
- Encouraging members to participate in discussions
- Welcoming new members
- Role Modelling Forum Principles and Culture
- Assisting Community Manager’s with Community Wraps
- Helping members to feel supported, whether it be through sharing of their own experience or through connecting members with similar experiences
- Starting new and engaging discussions
- Following the Community Guidelines
- Flagging concerning content through the ‘Report Inappropriate Content’ function
- Practicing self-care and demonstrating their own help-seeking
- Getting involved with special events, such as Topic Tuesday.
- Being non-judgemental, empathetic and compassionate towards all members
Most of these activities are called Community Building activities. To learn more about the variety of Community Building activities that CGs can be part of, check out the Community Guide Info Pack [link here].
How SANE supports CGs
The CG volunteer program aims to be flexible and to support the good work that’s already been done. To put this into practice, SANE will work closely with each Community Guide, to assist with:
- Creating a flexible CG Activity Plan: This plan is a high-level overview of what the individual CG would like to do during their time as a CG.
- Creating a Self-Care Plan: The CG program should never contribute to additional stress or a reduction in mental health. A Self-Care plan helps a CG identify when they may need some time to take care of themselves and how they can go about it.
SANE will support CGs for the duration of their involvement. This will be done through:
Monthly check ins: This check in is an opportunity for the CG to debrief on anything related to the role they wish and to review their CG Plan. We will work with you on what channel/medium we use for this check in.
Community Guide forum: A private forum will be available for CGs and SANE to communicate about upcoming events, to give and get ideas and advice, and to provide feedback when required.
Online resources and training: Online training components will cover topics like ‘Self-care’ and ‘How to encourage people to participate’ and other Community Building activities.
How to become a CG
To apply to be a Community Guide, the person must meet the following criteria;
- Must be a Senior Contributor of the Forums
- Must be interested in doing this role for minimum 6 months (we know that circumstances change, participation will fluctuate, time out for self-care, holidays is needed)
- Must have not broken the Community Guidelines more than 3 times in the past 3 months
- Feel comfortable in reaching out and supporting others
- Have external support professionals outside of the Forums (may not be as relevant for Carers)
If you feel you match the above criteria, please complete the application form via the link below. Applications close 9am Monday 13 May
If you have any questions about the application, new program or general queries please email us firstname.lastname@example.org