Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Henry's Landing Strip & Hangar

An open note to members who would like to use this thread

from @HenryX .

I am going to be bold here in saying that I recognise that there are already quite a few social threads where people pass greetings to each other with a few words and maybe a couple of sentences. I would prefer this thread to be differentiated from what already widely exists on this forum.

I do hope that I'm not stepping on toes in requesting that this thread remain more of a conversational thread. In this way there remains the opportunity for each of us to engage in the type of correspondence and communication between each other in a way that suits our interests, desires and purposes.

It is, in fact, for this reason that I do not refer to planes, "Flying Boats", hovercraft or helicopters in other threads. This is so that I am not imposing my style and interests on others, in the space that they like to use.

I do believe, in an open forum, that we have the space to offer each other those courtesies.

With Respect and Best Wishes

to all

@HenryX 

Hello to all who have posted here in the “Hangar”.

I will await the response to my note regarding correspondence and communication activity in this thread before posting any further comments after this.

Until I know how my note has been received, I would like to ensure that you know how much I appreciate the activity in the thread and value the contributions made here.

Thank You All

With My Very Best Wishes

@HenryX 

I respect your wishes. @HenryX  Online forums are organic beasts in a way and open to being used in the best way by individual members.

Not sure if my reference to the bird and metaphor "Albatross" was too left field for you. I was just riffing .... My interest in planes and flying boats as such, is pretty superficial, but did have a heart sense for them, just my early reading of Biggles, gliding and experiences with dad on aircraft carriers.

Take Care

Apple

@HenryX 

@Emelia8, @Anastasia , @Mazarita , @Appleblossom , @BlueBay , @Clawde , @greenpea , @Snowie , @Faith-and-Hope , @Meowmy , @Alicat , @Eve7 , @Judi9877 , @NatureLover , @Former-Member , @Bow , @Former-Member , @ShiningStar , @CalmingNature , @Peri , @Owlunar , @outlander , @WIP , @Sophia1 , @Shaz51 , @TAB , @frog , @SmilingGecko , @Flying_Hams , @jem80 , @Daisydreamer , @cloudcore , @flybluebird , @BPDSurvivor , @Jynx , @TideisTurning , @1stepup61 

and any members whose addresses I may have overlooked and any other visitors to the thread

The preceding list of forum addresses is the same as the non exclusive list(A) that I recently prepared for the invitations to a gathering in the "Hangar". I have used that list because it means that I am asking people generally, without being pointed, or specific, to consider my last two short posts, regarding activity on this thread.

{and any other posts, on the thread, that people may wish to read}

Addressing the posts as open letters, or notes, was fine, but no-one would know of their existence, except by chance, without me addressing people by their forum address.

I hope that members may consider the suggestions that I have proffered with regard to styles of activity on this thread.

I would be pleased to hear of member's observations should they wish to offer them. I expect to be out for most of today, but will check in later this afternoon, W.A. time.

Thank You

and

With My Best Wishes

@HenryX 

(A)   {the list, which apparently, as a result of my having used an incorrect process for posting, I believe, meant that people did not receive the intended invitation. I learn a bit more each day!!!}

@HenryX  Hey HenryX I am flattered to be included in your hanger. Looking forward to many great discussions. Love peaxxx

Hello  @Appleblossom 

Thank you very much for your response. I did not respond to a number of posts, including yours, because I was conscious of my concern about the issue of purpose, function and activity in the thread.

In fact, I was preparing a response to your post, that I considered would also be supportive of the content of your post, which I had enjoyed. I had also checked the references that you had offered. But then I decided that I wanted, first, to clear this issue.

{At least It is an issue for me}

With My Very Best Wishes

@HenryX 

Good Morning @greenpea 

Thank you so much for your comment which I appreciate and value, as I do the correspondence with many others also.

I look forward to sharing thoughts with you here in the future.

I am working toward clarrification about function and form of the thread at the moment. I'd like to get that sorted. I hope you are happy to allow me to speak, here in your space, to you and others generally about the direction in which we may be going.

I will put my thoughts into a separate post.

With My Best Wishes

@HenryX 

@HenryX 

@Emelia8, @Anastasia , @Mazarita , @Appleblossom , @BlueBay , @Clawde , @greenpea , @Snowie , @Faith-and-Hope , @Meowmy , @Alicat , @Eve7 , @Judi9877 , @NatureLover , @Mumi , @Bow , @Itsjustme1 , @ShiningStar , @CalmingNature , @Peri , @Dec , @outlander , @WIP , @Sophia1 , @Shaz51 , @TAB , @frog , @Smiling_Gecko , @The-Hams , @jem80 , @Daisydreamer , @cloudcore , @flybluebird , @BPDSurvivor , @Jynx , @TideisTurning , @1stepup61 

and other members who are visitors to, or may be interested in participating in this thread.

My concern, at the present time, is with regard to posts such as whether a person "is about to eat an apple", "go to bed", "I'm going to watch TV, now", "have breakfast" or "having a glass of water (or anything else)" and other similar types of observations and comments that may otherwise be unconnected with any other meaningful comment or post. There are plenty of threads, where members have the opportunity for that type of interchange, and where such interchange is not incongruous. I sometimes offer contributions, to other forum members, in those threads as well. Though, even there, I endeavour to make the contribution purposeful and meaningful. This is not a criticism of those threads, but simply noting, what I perceive to be a matter of differentiation between function and purpose of threads and their content.

There are many examples of short replies offered in posts in the "Hangar". They are generally, engaging, supportive, and informative in a variety of ways. So it is not necessarily brevity, per se, that is of concern to me, but content.

I believe that it is unfortunate, on the forum, that many threads lose their initial purpose and become cluttered and often, unclear about the connection between the purpose and the content, where the content of the thread often seems to wander aimlessly. What I would like to do with this thread is to retain and maintain some structure.

As suggested previously by me, this thread follows, apparently, a style that others, I hope, have found engaging, interesting, balanced, and stimulating This thread offers a theme which supports mutually and reciprocally beneficial, nurturing, supportive, and hopefully, often times, uplifting content.

The words proscriptive and prescriptive come to mind, and really, neither of those is what I would like, or is even what I think may be appropriate for a thread in an open forum, though the guidelines do involve, for safety, some proscription and prescription, in terms of content. However, I am keen to see this thread retain some structure and style in the way that people interact in the thread. If that is not allowed, then, as I have seen with some other threads, 'unrestrained expansion takes hold', and the content is often reduced to almost meaningless interactions.

I just hope that this thread may be allowed to continue in a way that allows for purposeful and meaningful conversation as may be distinguished between that and “post it note” type interactions.

Note: Unless minor greetings and observations, are at the commencement of a post, or complete or finish a post that has been more informative, self-caring, offering care to others in meaningful ways, or sharing with some-one about one's own or the other's particular situation, they offer very little to the conversation, and frankly, can very quickly lead to cluttering of a thread with what to me is reduced to almost meaningless banter and “post it note” type interaction.

Sincerely,

@HenryX 

Hi @HenryX ,

thank you for including me in this thread.

i found this post very interesting and insightful and I identified with it  and a lot in it particularly.  I will ponder on it before I answer in more detail. 

I am not good at the purely social interactions here either, that is not a criticism but I am not good at them in general.

peri

Hi @HenryX 

Thankyou for including me. 
I find it difficult to concentrate lately. Too many dramas going on. Not sure what to say really. I'm guessing you'd prefer people not to just "chit chat" on here? Not sure. 
I hope you are having a good day. 😊

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

For 24-hour telephone crisis support, call Lifeline on 13 11 14

If life is in danger, call 000