Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Useful resources

Re: Inherited Trauma Studies

I remember seeing this photo of this young girl who had survived wwII and its horrors. Her teacher had asked her to draw a picture of home ... all shw could draw was this scribble ... the look in her eyes. I will never forget that photo. I sometimes wonder what happened to her.

That is why this breakthrough in my Mr’s understanding is sooo incredible ..... the family has been bound to a different mindset, one I think that was forged in childhood war experiences across two or more generations ..... possibly more as there was a centuries-long occupation of their country by hostile oppressors .....  and his admission a couple of nights ago demonstrated a monumental shift in that mindset, for him at least .....

I am still in shock I think.  Absolutely exhausted today.

@Maggie @Appleblossom @greenpea

@Faith-and-HopeI really hope his insight firms up and he follows through and things settle well for your whole family.

Miracles such is that can happen.

Heart

I hope so @Appleblossom, but it’s unlikely to be a quick-fix.  There is a whole journey ahead of us yet.  I’m gonna be a fixture on the forums .....

Drink to a long happy association.

Smiley Happy

We can be cyber drinking buddies and not put on weight or get pulled over by police!

@Faith-and-Hope @greenpea @Maggie @1stepup61

🤗💕 @Appleblossom ....

Son is playing Pathetique atm .. lovely in the background ...

I should go and do some Bach.

Cheers 

@Appleblossom  cyber drinking buddies sounds great to me Appleblossom 🙂 that is about as wild as I get these days xxx

😊

Morning @greenpea 

@Faith-and-Hope Good morning Fand-and-Hope wishing you a lovely day today. Sun is out here but I refuse to get out of my pjs ... it is a pj day :Dxxx

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

For 24-hour telephone crisis support, call Lifeline on 13 11 14

If life is in danger, call 000