Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Useful resources

Appleblossom
Community Elder

HAVOCA - Help for Adult Victims of Child Abuse

https://www.havoca.org/first-step/survivors-bill-of-rights/ 

@saltandpepperyou mentioned this website recently. I think it is great. Thanks for tip.

Smiley Happy

I am going to go through it thoroughly.

Smiley Happy

8 REPLIES 8

Re: HAVOCA - Help for Adult Victims of Child Abuse

@Appleblossom Glad it helped. It's a geeat site, though not as active as here, but the people I've talked with on there are just gold

A great site @Appleblossom @saltandpepper Some fantastic resources and connects to some Australian sites which is always helpful.

Yeah America does some things right. Pity about the current quality of debate.

@Zoe7 @saltandpepper 

Smiley Happy

@Appleblossom @saltandpepper @Zoe7  This looks really good. I will check it out more thoroughly later.

I have a site that might be helpful. Don’t be put off that it’s for DID, the information can relate to any trauma, in my opinion. pods-online.org.uk.   I can’t get it to highlight I’m sorry.

Thank you @Appleblossom and @saltandpepper for this resource Heart

@Maggie 

Dissociation is the same psychic mechanism for most trauma.  It does not need to be a fully fledged DID . I will look at it.

Today I have had all sorts of weird heart palpitations, anxiety and carry ons trying to integrate stuff.  Tells me I must have dissociated a huge amount without being aware.  Bringing it all to bear in consciousness is hard.  Lucky I plan to go to gp tomorrow, so I hope I will be able to talk about it with her.  I have NEVER been able to talk about this stuff with psychologist, they just did not have the equipment (eg. education), but wanted to go on side chats about their own little thesis on romance or whatever it was, without looking at basic processes.  I like back to basics.

@Appleblossom  Yes, bringing it into the here and now is really tough. The site talks about dissociation in some ways, like I’ve not read before. The lady who runs it is working through her own stuff. I’ve read both her books, and I’m in awe. The second is called” Unshame”. A long and twisted journey.

I hope your gp is understanding today. I’m glad you are listening to yourself and understanding some of what is happening. Yes, the basic stuff is the important stuff I think. Sending you. ❣️❣️❣️

@saltandpepper 💜💜

Thanks @Appleblossomfor directing me to this website 

I only had a brief look at site. 

Reading the table from Barbara Whitfield 2003 titled 'From Victim to Survivor to Thriver' helped me understand how i move through the continum in life and that i am in a different place to where I was 30 years ago when i was in my twenties.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

For 24-hour telephone crisis support, call Lifeline on 13 11 14

If life is in danger, call 000