Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Useful resources

Gemima
Senior Contributor

Confused

I've never used a forum before and I'm confused how it all works?
1 REPLY 1
Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Confused

Hi Gemima, I feltvthecsame for along time, especially being avmibile phone user. A lot became more clear when I opened the site from a desktop and bigger screen. Have you done that.

There's two sides to this forum when you go to homepage
- Carers (of people with MI)
- Lived Experiences (MI sufferers)
Tap open one opens a list of discussion themes or categories. Choose one and it will open discussions. Just jump in and 'contribute' or ask questions... Or just read. OR you can start a New Discussion.
And maybe push in q little to get to know people, make forum penpals.
I started a discussion (thread) called 'sleeping too much' which I tendcto use as my home base when the very busy site overwhelmed me or I don't know where to jump in. I go to my thread and write something about my day and hope someone picks up and replies. They, someone usually does bit not always straight away.
Basically its a case of 'trial and error' and repetition.
Like anything there's rules - read the Forum Guidelines and don't stress when ya get ',red lighted' or 'taken down' for correction. We all get this. Its cautionary.
All the best, just keep atvit and you'll get there. Come chat on 'sleeping too much' any time. Or for lighter discussions go to 'Enjoying time with others' and pick a discussion, add a comment. Keep at it xox
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

For 24-hour telephone crisis support, call Lifeline on 13 11 14

If life is in danger, call 000