Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday // Stigma// Tues 14 May, 7pm AEST

Hi @StigmaWatch  and thanks for being here 😊

This is a very timely topic for me.

Hi @Jonty8 - thanks for joining us tonight!

Hey @Jonty8 

Hi @StigmaWatch 

I am interested in the upcoming discussion - aware that this is specifically for people with Mental Illness and Emotional Discomfort 

I have a specific interest myself as I take strong medication for chronic pain and this has stigma attached too - dealing with stigma in allied areas will be helpful for me - 

Various members of the medical profession - they all have opinions into the effects of such medication which is hard to endure at times - like to express their opinions - 

Luckily my GP is very supportive

Dec

Thanks to everyone for coming through and letting us know what brought you here and thanks @StigmaWatch for telling us about the program! Lets kick off with the first discussion area, I am going to split the questions for something a bit different- one for the community and one for StigmaWatch! 

Question for the community: Without going into specifics of a story, how have you felt when you have seen or heard stigmatising reporting in the media?

Question for @StigmaWatch : in the work that you do, what do you advise the media on to ensure they report on mental illness and suicide safely and responsibly?

Hello @Owlunar 🙂

@Lauz  Angry frustrated and sad. 

hi @Owlunar - welcome! Great to have you join us. This topic can definiately be applied to many different experiences such as medicatio. Will be great to explore as we go through tonight @Owlunar 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

For 24-hour telephone crisis support, call Lifeline on 13 11 14

If life is in danger, call 000