Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday // Hearing Voices // Tues 15 May, 7pm AEST

@Georgie_Paulik I hear voices negative and positive when I am off my medication and have bp1 and schizo but in saying that I also dream of those who have passed sooon after they have died. These dreams are very real so I chose to believe it is a good bye visit before they go to the other side so to speak (I am not religious unless I am manic that is). BTW they do not speak to me ever but communicate through their eyes.

Thanks @Maggie for sharing. I'm sorry to hear it's so constant.

Thank you @Smashpea for sharing also. That is a really good question. Why so late in life? Did you find there were stressors going on for you when they first started? Did what they say make sense in that context? The WHEN part of voice hearing is often something that baffels me too

I hear 2 voices - both middle aged men neither of which are familiar. They don't have names or faces but I see them in the back of my head as 2 black circles. As they get louder and nastier/destructive the circles start merging together

Thanks @greenpea. Wow, those dreams sounds really important. A way of saying good bye and letting go I imagine. 

Hmmm, nothing really worse than usual. I've had mental health issues since my teens and I was still getting treatment for those when the voices started. I dont recall anything in particular that might have triggered them

My voices started when i was bullied at school around age 10.  I had noone i could confide in or trust so it seems my first two voices, who were both a very positive influence evolved to fill that need.  9 years later some very negative events happened and the positive voices left and negative voices replaced them.  Sometimes my treating team use the term "pseudohallucinations" because my main voices seem to be connected to me in terms of they will express thoughts or feelings I have difficulty accepting as mine.  I do have 2 foreign voices however (that i can't translate!) and i hear all 5 externally.

@Georgie_Paulik Yes I like to think that. It is very comforting. 🙂

Evening everyone, sorry for my tardiness, it's been one of those days I'm afraid!

I heard 4 disembodied voices, two of which are female and two of which are male. Only the male voices have told me how they like to referred to... there's Asher (the ringleader) he never has anything good to say about anything, especially me. There's also the Red Man who only tells me to harm myself over and over again. 

The two female voices like to interact with the male voices and commentate of on whatever it is I am doing at the time. 

It can get pretty messy indeed! I refer to them all collectively as the Shitty Committee, as in general I find them quite a negative experience.

Hi I'm Tasharose, I have been hearing voice for most of my life, all my voices bar one are negative. I would like to learn how to co-exist with them and not be at war within myself every day. I am very interested in this topic.

Sorry @BlueBay, I missed your earlier message. Thanks for sharing and I'm sorry that your first experience was so negtive. I hope you have started having more positive experiences with disclosing your voices since.

@lanae976, that is a common story. It sounds likely they were initially there to protect you and keep you company. Sweet. Not so sweet about the more recent distressing voice though. and fascinating about the foreign voices!

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

For 24-hour telephone crisis support, call Lifeline on 13 11 14

If life is in danger, call 000