Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday // BPD Awareness featuring SPECTRUM VIC // Tues 1 Oct, 7pm AEST

So true @JulianSpectrum  my doctor asked me today if I want to get better. 

I was really angry at his comment. 

He said maybe I’m not prepared to get better or I’m too comfortable how I am. 

His comments don’t hrlp. 

Re: Topic Tuesday // BPD Awareness featuring SPECTRUM VIC // Tues 1 Oct, 7pm AEST

@roses1 Sorry to hear of yours and your son's experience around this. Hopefully events like this can help breakdown some of the misconceptions out there.

"Recovery is different for everybody, but it’s important to know that recovery from BPD is absolutely possible, and that most people with BPD experience improvement in their symptoms over time with or without treatment."

Very true! @AndrewSpectrum 

We hear you @BlueBay  I am sorry about that interaction. I hope some of the discussion tonight lifts your spirit somewhat around stigma reduction Heart

@Judi9877 Yes, unfortunately that does happen from time to time. We think change is happening, but it's sometimes a slow process Smiley Sad

Hello Everyone,

I was only dignosed a few months ago and have been encouraged to 'learn all I can' about BPD. My girlfriend has tried to do the same (and she also has a close childhood friend with it), but she kept discovering advice which basically said "run while you have the chance". She even found some comments saying that she must be broken to want to be with someone with it. She was rightly unimpressed.

@BlueBay Sounds like a hard conversation. I've found it's really important to try and really understand someone's internal experience, rather than assume that what they're doing means that they don't want help or to get better.

@Lise07 Wow that sounds like a super tough experience. There's a lot of 'bad press' out there about BPD, don't believe the hype! I hope you've found some more supportive info to balance it out.

So sorry to hear this @Lise07 very disempowering. And yes I have come across these "BPD/NPD Coaches" on youtube, who speak of it with little to no remorse or compassion, and a deep lack of insight and education. If you ever see anyone in Australia specifically doing this you can report them via our StigmaWatch team here 🙂 

Q1- i dont think ive really mentioned bpd to many ao dont often come across any stigma to be honest
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

For 24-hour telephone crisis support, call Lifeline on 13 11 14

If life is in danger, call 000