Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Lauz
Senior Contributor

Topic Tuesday // BPD Awareness featuring SPECTRUM VIC // Tues 1 Oct, 7pm AEST

TT-PNG-LE.png

From October 1 - October 7 is the National Borderline Personality Disorder Awareness Week! For this weeks Topic Tuesday we will be talking all things BPD with special guests from Spectrum 

Want to receive an email reminder on the night? Hit the 'Support' button below.

I'm new here - what is Topic Tuesday?

Topic Tuesday runs from 7pm - 9pm AEST monthly. Each month we focus on a different topic, with the session facilitated by a Community Manager or Moderator. Sometimes Topic Tuesday will feature a special guest, who is an expert in the topic.

The first post of the thread (this one) will give you an idea of what the topic is and what will be covered.

How do I get involved?

Topic Tuesday takes place right here! It's text based, so no software is needed. During the session, to keep up with the latest posts hit the 'refresh' button on your browser for the latest posts (it doesn't automatically update). Keep an eye for page numbers at the top & bottom of the page, and jump to the highest page number for the most recent post.

Throughout the session, the facilitator will put questions out for you to answer, usually asking for your own experience on the topic. To contribute to the session, just hit the 'reply' button and share your thoughts. No answers are right or wrong and everyone is welcome to get involved.

If you have any questions about how to use the Forums, check out our Guides

202 REPLIES 202

Re: Topic Tuesday // BPD Awareness featuring SPECTRUM VIC // Tues 1 Oct, 7pm AEST

Hey everyone! Thanks so much for joining in on tonight’s special Topic Tuesday event for BPD Awareness Week which is running from today until October 7!

This is such an important discussion for so many of our members at SANE - and tonight we are lucky enough to have two practitioners from Spectrum Vic

@AndrewSpectrum & @JulianSpectrum 🙂 Welcome both!

Also a very special welcome to those who wanted a reminder of tonight's event:

@outlander @Angels333 @Suzy @Former-Member @Shaz51 @roses1 @saturnzoon @Permacultura @FleurdeLis @Mezz @eth @cutiepiekitty @Appleblossom @BlueBay @Lise07 @Former-Member 

Tonights group discussion will be around notions like stereotypying, stimga reduction, and therepeutic modalities. I'm here to faciliate and prompt questions for us all to share thoughts, ideas and strategies. If you are having trouble at any point and find that you feel triggered by this topic, please engage in self care and reach out to a helpline - there are a few listed when you scroll up at the right hand side of the page 😊

For more info on BPD Awareness week check out the link here!

Whilst everyone settles in I will get @AndrewSpectrum and @JulianSpectrum to say a quick hello 👋

Re: Topic Tuesday // BPD Awareness featuring SPECTRUM VIC // Tues 1 Oct, 7pm AEST

@nashy Great to be here, looking forward to the discussion 🙂 

Hi @nashy I’m so looking forward to tonight. I’m a BPD sufferer. 

Hi @AndrewSpectrum abd @JulianSpectrum  👋

Hi everyone! Thanks for having us along!

Hello @JulianSpectrum  and @AndrewSpectrum 

Hey @BlueBay  so good to have you here! We will get started pretty soon 🙂

@Shaz51  A pleasure as always Heart 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

For 24-hour telephone crisis support, call Lifeline on 13 11 14

If life is in danger, call 000