Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

nick1982
New Contributor

living with schizophrenia

hi guys this is my first post just wanted to know if anyone has ever experienced anything like what i am. over ten years ago i felt something following me everywhere i go messing with my thoughts feelings and emotions making my thoughts aloud and my emotions visible almost i have tried every medication but nothing has worked for me i have no control over what this thing is doing to me. has anyone ever heard of this please? thankyou 

1 REPLY 1

Re: living with schizophrenia

@nick1982 

I have heard of similar situations where people feel like their thoughts and emotions are following them or making them visible.

For me my thoughts were "visible", they are called hallucinations to me when I was going through psychosis.

I have been tried on many medications and whilst my diagnosis is a little different to yours, it has similar symptoms and behaviours. I have finally found medications that work.

I don't hear voices and my thoughts and feelings are my own to control. Unfortunately it is when I go through psychosis that things surface.

When I have heard other stories it is a combination of medications and strategies to help cope. Some of those strategies might be cognitive behaviour therapy, seeing psychologists and psychiatrists to help.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

For 24-hour telephone crisis support, call Lifeline on 13 11 14

If life is in danger, call 000