Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Turtle_guns
Casual Contributor

What’s wrong with me?

I have a terrible time communicating. 
I don't express my feelings well and tend to bottle them up which then affect my relationships. 
I tend to have little patients. 
I don't know if this is because of a lack of an outlet (no rugby)

recently I took my wife away for her birthday. Somethings didn't go to plan and i shut up. I didn't take it well and I made the whole weekend a negative experience all through not communicating and not being able to express everything. Now my marrige is breaking down (fingers crossed it doesn't)

and I don't know what I'm going to do. We've got a baby girl together and I don't know what's going to happen in the future. I don't want to think of a life without both my wife or daughter. 
help!

2 REPLIES 2

Re: What’s wrong with me?

Hey @Turtle_guns. You really should be giving yourself a big pat on the back because you have realised that there is a problem and it needs to be fixed. A lot of people don't do that so a big thumbs up. Now it's to try and gain the right tools to fix the problem.

I would recommend some sort of counselling to find out why it is you can't not communicate. I have problems speaking up because of trauma from a previous relationship. I'm still working on this and it has been 6yrs.

You can also do a communication course which helps you with different styles of speaking.

Lastly I would recommend maybe trying couples therapy. Working through this as a team should help strengthen your relationship.

Hope you can find your words soon.

Blep 😸:tongue:

Re: What’s wrong with me?

@Turtle_guns  Things are sounding really tough.

I think @Blep  has made a few good suggestions. Counseling for both of you might be a place to start.

Could you let your wife know you can’t imagine a life without her and your daughter in it.? We all need to hear words of appreciation, she might be really struggling with not understanding what’s really happening.

Take care.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

For 24-hour telephone crisis support, call Lifeline on 13 11 14

If life is in danger, call 000