Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Tropicalrose
Contributor

Waiting for health workers - trigger warning

I’m feeling very mixed about them coming to my house and they just rang to say they are half an hour late. I feel like canceling because I have given up on life and people but a phone call to lifeline was traced last week and I spent a night in hospital. I’m 63 so not sure what can actually change for me. There’s basically too much trauma and I feel I’ve tried everything already and stuff keeps happening. It’s basically the dog that keeps me around. My anxiety is getting worse the longer I wait.  

Just breathing and trying to stay calm and optimistic. 

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Waiting for health workers - trigger warning

hi @Tropicalrose 

I'm sorry to read that you are going through a difficult time. Please keep posting here for support and if you need further support, please call:

Lifeline: 13 11 14 or Crisis Chat

Suicide call back service: 1300 659 467 or online counselling

Samaritans: 135 247

If in immediate danger: 000

Take Care

SleepyPanda

Thanks@SleepyPanda. It’s over now and I think they can see I’m not in any immediate danger and not in any sort of delusional state. My social anxiety made me dread it, I guess. I’ve got a few numbers to ring if I need them. 

@Tropicalrose thank you for checking in, very much appreciated.

Take care

SleepyPanda

hugs @Tropicalrose  and I was thinking of you

how are you now xx

@Tropicalrose  Welcome to the forums. I understand how hard it is to have people come to your house. I think many of us here u derstand that.

I also stay around for my little dog, so I totally get that.

Do you have a support worker? Sometimes talking to someone, once you get to know them, can be helpful.

I don’t know if you feel confident enough to join in other conversations here on the forums, but you are welcome to, but no pressure to either.

Take care. 💙

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

For 24-hour telephone crisis support, call Lifeline on 13 11 14

If life is in danger, call 000