Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Trying to get help

All good my friend, I have had a post and a comment removed because it broke the guidelines. We have to be careful but sometimes you are not thinking straight and type what you're feeling and bam!!

How are you feeling now @Lee82 

Exactly @Former-Member I just wasn't in the right frame of mind. I'm still feeling anxious and a little low but better than before. How are you going? 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Glad to hear you feeling a little better. Anxiety is just a bitch. I have had an ok day. I feel horrible for complaining about my ex because on one hand he is just the best and very supportive, on the other hand I feel like he is turning a bit of a control freak. He never was before and I get he is trying to help me but it's getting overwhelming. I am also lucky because I have my counsellor on speed dial, rather speed text and she is available to me 7 days a week and almost as late as I need. 

Today has really been a mixed bag. 
What are you up to tonight @Lee82 

Don't apologise @Former-Member Sometimes we need to vent about our ex's. It's ok. What do you think about trying to have a chat with him? Express how you feel. 
Wow that's great you have a very supportive counsellor. Have you spoken to her about how your feeling about your ex?

not up to much. Just listening to some music. 

I'm not sure what happened @Former-Member I started to read your post and it just disappeared. 

You ok @Former-Member ? 

Former-Member
Not applicable

I must have done something wrong in the post again 😞 I don't understand what but they will email and tell me I guess. 

@Lee82 , I am not doing that great to be honest 

Former-Member
Not applicable

THIS THE POST YOU TRIED TO REPLY TOO. @Lee82 It did break the guides but have fixed the problem, removed the image of all the vitamins he wants me to take @Former-Member Sorry for breaking the rules 😞

Unfortunately @Lee82, because of where I am mentally he wouldn't listen. As far as he is concerned any type of objection to what he is trying to do for me would fall under self sabotage because of my inability to make changes and move forward. That poor lady knows too much about everything and in our last session she said she thinks it's time to some sessions with him. Talk about instant anxiety. 

He has just watch a documentary called "The Vitamin Movie" and this is the result

And that is just a week and doesn't include my meds for my actual health issues. He knows it's a struggle me to take anything but apparently if I take all of these and the powdered vitamin C that you can't see I should pick up by day 3/4. Not to meantion the money it cost him something that will be thrown back in my face at a later time. 

Oh I had a feeling that's what happened @Former-Member . The rules can be a bit tricky. Hard to think what's allowed and what's not. 
I know that attending a session with your ex seems overwhelming and can make you anxious I think it would be beneficial to both of you. It will give him a third person's opinion on what your feeling and what better person to do that than your counsellor who is trained and knows so much about you. It won't happen until you say yes so for now it's just something to think about. 
I can definitely see how overwhelming his approach is. But I also see he is trying to be supportive but not really in the way you need but in the way he thinks is right. Unfortunately if you don't understand mental health it's hard to know what to do. 

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Lee82 , I really am lucky to have him and I know it.  Some days I just think I am ungrateful and don't deserve his time anyways. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

For 24-hour telephone crisis support, call Lifeline on 13 11 14

If life is in danger, call 000