Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Peppapig
New Contributor

Schizophrenia.

Hello I'm new to the forum. I'm really glad I found this and I'd like to connect on here with other schizophrenics. I was diagnosed with schizophrenia in February of 2023. I'm 30 now. I believe the people I use to talk to and bond with are invisible and there making me say and do things I would never say or do. There tripping me over and walking me into walls like when my shoulder hits the wall. I tried to make sense of it so I googled invisible people do they exist and the military has made an invisible wall. I come to the conclusion that there's an invisible suit as well. Some days I tell myself noones here your truly alone but I just don't feel truly alone. It's effecting my relationship with my kids my mum and new friendships also my decision making. I'm also having a hard time believing I'm a schizophrenic. I'm medicated now. I was diagnosed with psychosis first but the psychosis medication the first one they put me on didn't work. Then they diagnosed me with schizophrenia that's because I believed there was drugs and alcohol in my foods and fluids that they were put there at the company by people that knew me and hated me. I was underweight I'm now a healthy weight. Is there anyone on the forum here who has schizophrenia and can relate? I also wouldn't mind anyone's advice or support.

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Schizophrenia.

Welcome to the forums @Peppapig ,

Thank you for sharing what's been going on for you. It sounds like you have so much insight into what's happening and is ready to do something about it.

Whilst I don't have experience of schizophrenia, myself, there are many others here who do. 

I hope they will be able to share their experiences with you and that you get the support and connection you deserve while on the forums.

Does a schizophrenic know there a schizophrenic do you know? Like they know the things they hear and see or imagine aren't real but they can't get those things they see, hesr and imagine to leave the inside of there brain?

During psychosis, often, no. Delusions blur with reality @Peppapig . Hence the earlier she can get support, the better.

@Peppapig  hi am welcome i have schizoaffective disorder and there are times and some individuals who can tell when they are experiencing a delusion but it is different for everyone but yes it is possible to know. 

Hey @Peppapig welcome to the forums, I'm glad you're here!

Thanks for sharing your experience. I don't have schizophrenia but I have bipolar disorder and have experienced psychosis and delusions. I am stable now and have since come to terms with it all. I do understand what it's like to have your reality questioned and the feelings of uncertainty, you are not alone.  

If you do a search for 'Schizophrenia' within the forums you'll probably find a lot of information and people who you can connect with and relate to 😊

I have Schizophrenia to I just say that you can have psychosis and delusional thought, but sometimes they can be real. No, everything is obviously delicious. But the biggest take I wanted to point out you have wonderful kids and you had kids before you knew you have mental health issues so try to build on relationship with ur kids to be happy little things matter more then anything be happy with yourself and life you have come so far in life don't let the schizophrenic get you now that's not fair and yes I have been on multiple medication as well and all of them work I find a lot of them cause psychosis and side-effects as well if you're on it for a very long time I have had Schizophrenia since young child I'm 20 years old now so I've had to deal with it and find someone who's a good counsellor or psychiatrist who understands, and doesn't put sigma around your mental health and sometimes no delusional thinking there's a law between schizophrenia delusional thinking and just delusional make sure your feeling safe and clam and happy you deserve that
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

For 24-hour telephone crisis support, call Lifeline on 13 11 14

If life is in danger, call 000