Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Former-Member
Not applicable

Relationships

ppl-Avoid-1-003640_1.jpeg

Relationships can be the hardest part of life for me. Does anyone else out there here think so. Sometimes I feel as misunderstood as a rattlesnake on a bus, where things go wrong and I'm left alone to crawl under the nearest rock. 

I don't know what ppl want. I don't understand why so many are cruel, and hate that I so easily lash out when hurt, ruining everything .  again. 

Online Forums are problematic in the sense that ya can't read faces, and real tears or tone of voice... So much more room for tensions than in real life even. And so unforgivng at times. 

I struggle with running the irisk of hurting people even to protect myself, I'd rather disappear than have conflict,  when they're toxic, but I'm slowly learning I'm actually better off without some people and I have an obligation to look after me too, as much as anyone else. 

Just thought I'd see if anyone else can relate. ?  Recently I had to shut out the only visitor tat totgered to visit me, she was so toxic, but niw I'm alone again, it's hard being alone. But hard being around hurtful ppl too

1 REPLY 1

Re: Relationships

I understand this EOR. I also struggle greatly with online forums and chats. I worry that context can be lost so easily and words that are meant to be light hearted may be taken as serious. As for relationships I often lock up well before I even have a chance. As soon as I even think of trying to connect with someone I fritz out and can't bring out the words I want to say. Unfortunately many people are toxic, in my experience most of them are only out for their own good. It's not unjustified that alot of people here choose to be alone because we can't find someone worthy of our trust.

If you're in south aus I will come and meet you. At an acceptable distance for the time being. Smiley Happy

For every billion ugly faces, there's a thousand faces of beauty. I care not for your race, religion or age, if you are truly a person of good will. Its so hard to discover who a person is until often you're in too deep. Due to this I have become all too comfortable with cutting people out, struggling to find anyone I can rely on. It's a lonely way to live but for your own security and sanity it becomes a necessity. Too many people keep contact with others who detract from their life only to be destroyed by it. It is a difficult battle but when you find the ones who really care and only want you to be better in life, it will all become worth it. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

For 24-hour telephone crisis support, call Lifeline on 13 11 14

If life is in danger, call 000