Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Former-Member
Not applicable

Out of hope

I wasn't going to post anything as I live requested to delete my account but hear goes my last post..

i'm very angry and frustrated. I don't understand how I can overcome my issues. I've had two sessions of therapy and it was a let down for me.

hence why I avoided going in the first, even friends who have been say it doesn't help much.

im trying to understand what the purpose is? Someone please tell me something new because I've been through this before and it's a never ending cycle. Like when you want help but every solution is just excersise, take medication or meditate, talk to friends.. it only helps to an extent. But what is the true solution here?

13 REPLIES 13
Borobi
Casual Contributor

Re: Out of hope

Wish I knew. Probably a silly question - and one I would answer yes in a heartbeat. Do you feel disconnected. And if so from what?
Former-Member
Not applicable

My question is silly? I’m disconnected from this world and felt unhappy majority of my life. I think suppressing my sadness with drugs in the past.. I don’t exactly know what I have so I’m confused

I meant my question is probably silly. I think all of us here feel disconnected. Am here to listen if you feel like chatting
Former-Member
Not applicable

Oh right sorry misunderstood. I’m so sad because i struggle waking up and it’s a living nightmare. I don’t even want to see my psychologist because I know that it doesn’t really fix my issues. I’m disappointed in my life and it’s not so simple to just do things like everyone thinks it is. Anyways how are you feeling disconnected?

Many ways. Been bitterly let down by people in whom i put trust. Feel disconnected with work. From my mates who all have their lives and who have been there for and Feel abandoned by them
Former-Member
Not applicable

I feel the same, I think about how I’ve been there for so many of my close friends and they just don’t give a fuck. Sorry to hear, everyone for themselves these days 😞
Lilly6
Senior Contributor

Hi @Former-Member, I feel the same way as you regarding therapy. I have had a couple of sessions which seemed positive and then she didn't call me for my next appointment (by phone due to COVID). It is proving difficult to book another appointment which made me feel disillusioned with the whole therapeutic process. I don't feel anything has really helped much and feel like you and that I don't know how I will ever come out of all this. I hope you find something that helps you, sorry I can't make any suggestions but I am with you in spirit.

Former-Member
Not applicable

Finally someone who understands.. sorry in advance what I say doesn’t quite make sense I find It hard to express what I say. I feel like most people who have a mental illness are just a number. Medication is a distraction from what’s really going on. How are we supposed to feel better as a person if our illnesses are apart of you ? Don’t be sorry For not having suggestions it’s better than giving generic suggestions that everyone had been giving
Former-Member
Not applicable

@Lilly6 Sorry also adding on to what you were saying I understand about getting an appointment.. it’s very tough because I have to wait another two weeks for my next appointment which isn’t consistent enough. Can I ask what you’re currently dealing with briefly)”?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

For 24-hour telephone crisis support, call Lifeline on 13 11 14

If life is in danger, call 000