Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Eliza2
New Contributor

Need guidance following sons car accident

My 24 yo son had a serious car accident which I believe was intentional where he drove into a tree. He was also under the influence of drugs and the day before he had sent a message to me saying he wasnt right and needed help. My husband is angry and seems more concerned about the car being written off. My son won’t come home as he has a volatile relationship with my husband. My daughter’s eating disorder has relapsed and I am feeling extremely stressed trying to be strong for everyone. I feel I need to leave my husband for a bit so I can support my 2 children but not sure how I can do it 

1 REPLY 1

Re: Need guidance following sons car accident

Hey @Eliza2 ,

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to reach out to share what's been going on for you.

There's a lot in what you have posted which tells us how much you want to support your children. I hear how stressful things must be for you at this time. 

Does your son have any supports, especially after the incident? It sounds like he really is crying out for help. Is there a possibility that you could visit him to support him, yet have the boundary of coming home for yourself? At the same time, is your daughter at home?

Please know you are not alone. It sounds like a rough trot, but you have an entire community here to support you.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

For 24-hour telephone crisis support, call Lifeline on 13 11 14

If life is in danger, call 000