Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Fluttershy1
Senior Contributor

Feeling numb & dissociating

I'm feeling completely numb, my alters are constantly changing I don't know how to feel. I'm currently just crying and it won't stop...

Family have made my situation worse they are telling me I'm faking my numbness when I'm not. I keep dissociating just to protect myself.

i just need a break from it. Smiley SadSmiley Sad

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Feeling numb & dissociating

Good evening @Fluttershy1 

It sounds like you are really doing it tough and your family is making it worse. I am very concerned that you may not be safe. Do you need to seek help off the forums to protect yourself?

Please look after yourself and consider reaching out for help with your disassociating tomorrow to a MH service.

We are thinking of you and really hope you are able to get some peace and calm tonight,

Whitehawk

@Whitehawk  I am completely safe. I need a safe space at the moment and I've found the forums a safe and helpful place Smiley Happy

I've been reaching out to my support team when needed. I see my GP on Tuesday so that will be good 

Also have been using my strategies and my safe tent Smiley Very Happy

Hello @Fluttershy1 

I am glad you have found the forums to be a good place.

Smiley Happy

Love that you have a safe tent.

Heart

Negotiating family dynamics seems to be the trickiest things humans ever dreamed up. Wish we could all pass on that one.  SO sad when the ones who are closest can do the most damage, but it is not unusual.  It sounds like you have a good health care team.  I hope there are some family education and/or groups they would go to.  Wishing you the best. 

Smiley Happy

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

For 24-hour telephone crisis support, call Lifeline on 13 11 14

If life is in danger, call 000