Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Dammit
Contributor

Coping

Morning everyone since my last post I have seen the phycologist twice  and as I already knew alot of my problems stem from my past  plus I believe my wife had a lesbian fling when she went away for 3 months it's the fact that she won't discuss it with me rather than what actually happened  and I can't get past it since my attempt I've had two bad days 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Coping

Hi @Dammit ...I hope the psychologist has been helpful, since your suicide attempt...although of course I know it takes time to build up a rapport with a therapist. 

Do you feel able to discuss your past with the psychologist, and also the possible affair your wife had?

Well done for successfully getting through the 2 bad days since your attempt. 🙂

How is your severe depression doing?

Maggie
Community Elder

@Dammit  Sorry you are having some bad days. It’s hard getting back up after a hard knock. I hope you can talk openly with your psych, it takes time and patience.

Your wife might be feeling embarrassed and not really know what to say, maybe something else that needs time and patience.

I hope there are moments of light during this tough time. Take care.

Well I'm good I think the antidepressants  have finally  started working   I feel at peace problem  is I was like this before attempt  but I'm not having  bad thoughts 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

For 24-hour telephone crisis support, call Lifeline on 13 11 14

If life is in danger, call 000