Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

EM26
Contributor

A rough few days

I have had a bad few days,the weekend caused me some anxiety with unexpected extended outings resulting in self harm. Work was then very flat for me, usually it is my safe and protective place,again more SH. After a visit to my gp I was feeling a bit better. Then yesterday I had day surgery, which had been planned for sometime over the next 4 weeks, but a cancellation brought it forward very quickly. I dont think my mind was really ready for it so quickly and today i have been lethargic, sleepy and down, maybe partly from all the drugs but also just basic sadness. I feel lonely even when I have family about, I feel anxious at the thought of my surgery results and having to go back to work after a few days away, I feel tired of all the dramas going on around me that I have no control over, I feel sad, just always sad, tears come easily and often in the quiet of my house while everyone sleeps. I am waiting on a psychologist appointment and my meds to start taking affect,maybe then things will start improving and I the clouds will disappear.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: A rough few days

@EM26 

I'm @jem80 and I'm one of the community guides here at Sane Forums. If you ever feel that an event of self harm is about to happen please dial 000 so you can receive some help or alternatively call life line on 131114 or chat at https://www.lifeline.org.au or you can call suicide callback line on 1300659467 or chat at https://www.suicidecallbackservice.org.au

I understand how lonely it may seem even when you have family around. You are not alone when going through this. You will find many on this forum more than willing to be supportive. It's ok to cry, please don't bottle it up. Hopefully you will get to see a psychiatrist or psychologist to help you with your recovery journey.

With medications sometimes they can feel like they work straight away and other times they can feel like they don't work at all. Give it some time, if you still have no change and it's not working for you, ask for a review from a psychiatrist.

Hopefully things will start to look more positive for you. Is there any way you can get some time off work to help you with recovery from both surgery and your mental health?

Take care and stay safe.

Hey @EM26 and welcome to the forums!

How are you feeling today after your surgery? Hoping the clouds start to clear for you soon ☁️☁️☁️

Physically feeling better today, mentally not very good today. My anxiety seems to be getting more regular, the thought of leaving the house, the thought of having to talk to people and unexpected conversations scare me, I am unsure why. I cant get a psychologist appointment till the start of July but I have a gp appointment next week, hoping he can help.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

For 24-hour telephone crisis support, call Lifeline on 13 11 14

If life is in danger, call 000