Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Saturday Soiree - all welcome!!

Staying active is key I reckon @Shaz51! My dad got pretty depressed after he retired, but he ended up getting a job in a surfboard shop (he's an old school surfer dude haha) making and selling boards, and it gave him so much of his spark back! I'm sure you and Mr Shaz will find your new groove once you're set with the health stuff, and know more about your needs and capacity 🤞💜

Evening @Shaz51 @Healandlove @fairyheart @Jynx 

was nice this morning when I was dropping off food donation to cat rescue centre.  Turned cold this afternoon, been bludging on the couch all afternoon and working on crotchet spread, one of my unfinished projects. Lol

@Shaz51 would you and Mr Shaz have to completely stop working when retire?  Could you do similar work for less hours?  Maybe voluntary work few days a week?

when I retired I walked away from toxic workplace, one of best decisions I made.  I started doing voluntary work as wanted to do something to help fill in some time

happy to hear you are feeling better @Jynx 

Thank you for your support @Patches59 , @Jynx ❤️

I think it will be great for both of us but especially Mr shaz 

So I think 🤔 it will be good to go easy and then go from there with your suggestions 

Hey @Dimity 

Lazy Saturday's are great....that remind me I need to do washing as well. I had a bit of a nana nap. 

Aww thanks @Patches59 😊

Aww yay I'm sure the hungry kitties will be most chuffed!! That's such a lovely thing to do 💜

I snoozed this morning @Ainjoule 

Not that I got much done this afternoon 

I did not do much today either @Dimity , @Jynx , @Ainjoule , @Patches59 

I’m hoping to visit a neighbour tomorrow to get some tips etc about making greeting cards.  She’s struggling to get rid of flu bug.

Monday need to do laundry and grocery shopping.

one advantage of being retired, more flexibility.  If don’t get something done one day, quite often doesn’t matter as can do it the following day … or 2. 🙂

Hi @Glisten and @fairyheart, how are you? I've just finished an hour and a half workout and am almost finished reading a fascinating book about the history of exercise, or more to the point it's about the book "Gymnastica" that Girolamo Mercuriale wrote in the 1560s.

1560 wow @Abner 

Very true @Patches59 , about retiring,  you can do it today or tomorrow 👍 

Hello @Dimity , @Jynx 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

For 24-hour telephone crisis support, call Lifeline on 13 11 14

If life is in danger, call 000