Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: SANE NURSERY

Have you tried honey for striking cuttings, @ArraDreaming?

I hope your business flourishes, @ArraDreaming. It's a fabulous idea and very needed in this area. 

Purple orchid @ArraDreaming ...now where's my hat lol

hello @Bananas11 😊

Lavender is my favourite plant because of its bouquet. May I have a purple cap please @ArraDreaming 

So I wanted to chat about my seeds and seedlings. 

On the 9th April I planted some seeds in a tub. Carrots, garlic chives and cucumbers out of season. The cucumbers started germinating on the 16th April. Then last Sunday I built a little walk in greenhouse and moved my seedings in there. I am hoping to trick my cucumbers into thinking that this is their season. Last Thursday, the 27th I planted a bunch of new seeds. Shallots (outside), basil, marigolds, asters, parsley (both kinds), lettuce, spinach and thyme. All of these seeds are in pots and are in my greenhouse. I am excited for them to germinate. Not all my carrots and garlic chives germinated so I am hoping that some more will still pop up. I know that it’s not a 100% germination rate but I haven’t got many up at all. All my cucumbers came up and I thinned them out to two in each spot. I will post some pictures for you later.

Meggle

I just wanted to bring this back
Found out today our tomato’s have blossom end rot which is not great

@ArraDreaming  This is a great idea.  Probably say dahlias are my favourites, so many colours and varieties.  I’ve got approx 9 or 10 plants growing in pots in my backyard.

i do have a question.  I’ve got garden bed approx 3m w x 2.3 m d under front bedroom windows, front wall is north facing.  I’ve added gypsum plus liquid clay breaker plus have dug in blood n bone fertiliser as soil was very heavy due to clay when I moved in last year.  Wanting to plant something that will over time give shade but that doesn’t grow more than 2.5 m high.  Thinking of buying westringia and then placing items for fairy garden in front of it.

will westringia be suitable for the area?

Is there any thing specific I should dig into the soil?

Hi @Patches59 P sorry buddy
The nursery was closed for a little bit
But it’s back open and there is a bakery now too, so you get a free plant with every crossoint
I’ll get back to you with my expert advice shortly just need to consult my team

This is the new home for bakeroo (see what i did there) and nursery
@Birdofparadise8@tyme@Captain24 @Zoe7  @Adge I can’t remember who else

On the nursery front I have an update…… 12 tomato plants have self seeded almost overnight in our garden
🥴
It’s JUNE!

Anyway it’s 11am on a Saturday so the bakeroo owner has decided to shut up shop for the day to be with his family

All queries and concern’s and crossoint orders will be honoured *tomorrow*

Can I have a hot chocolate and Pain au chocolat. I love a good croissant. @ArraDreaming 

Love the name @ArraDreaming Will visit Bakeroo later when I have done some things on my list as well 👍

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

For 24-hour telephone crisis support, call Lifeline on 13 11 14

If life is in danger, call 000