Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Peer Group Chat // Practicing Self Care // Thursday 29th February 2024, 7-8:30PM AEDT

Sorry I missed your messages/ Reminder about tonight's Peer Discussion @amber22 @TideisTurning 

My Mobile phone Battery swelled up (inside Phone) & overheated my phone.

Despite buying & having a new Battery fitted to the phone today - My Phone had already been damaged by the faulty battery.

So I had to buy a new phone - & spent all afternoon setting it up (not there yet).

Adge

Re: Peer Group Chat // Practicing Self Care // Thursday 29th February 2024, 7-8:30PM AEDT

Hi Everyone, 

a few participants involved in the live discussion identified themselves as helpers by nature- that is also me (part of the reason I do what I do), and I'm sure there are many others who fit that bill here on forums too. This got me thinking-  whether it's for this reason or something else, and wondering if there might be an ingrained idea for some of us that self-care is selfish.  I'd be really curious to hear from anyone who would like to share your ideas on this, and also why self-care may not actually be selfish? As a  little brain food to get us started, there is this talk which may be of interest to some 😊

@PinkFlamingo @Adge @Healandlove @Glisten @Snowie @Blackbird11 @Shaz51 @RoseGeranium @Daddymac @Mara_S @Appleblossom @tonys @creative_writer @Captain24 @8ppleTree 

Thanks heaps @TideisTurning 🙂🌺

see you guys then. 

Hey there @TideisTurning 🙂

sorry - didn’t make it to the chat this evening…was a little busy unexpectedly 🌺🙂

looking forward to next weeks’ topic ☺️🌺

I wonder if the state of our environment says something about us.    This can be fact checked.

96 %  of all the mammal biomass on earth is either,   People,  The live stock to feed them,  Or their pets.     Only  4% of the remaining are actual ,  wild animals.   I know.  Sounds unbelievable,  hey.

I would like to say I care about that which is external to my wants and needs,  but given the above,

it would be fair to say,  I am  just one more   "inherently"  selfish human being.

Out side the box with the best of intentions.                 tonys..

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

For 24-hour telephone crisis support, call Lifeline on 13 11 14

If life is in danger, call 000