Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Good Morning!

I went back to bed @Ant7  had to blow 3 days work off due to shocking cough , that was probably made worse by work last week Yay

Hope you are going okay

@ButterflyBeauty good morning to you!

@TAB I hope you get better soon.  Its no good feeling sick and uncomfortable not getting sleep.  Keep us posted on your progress.  I have heard that pineapple juice maybe from memory is better for coughs than cough mixture you could google it. Sending love your way xxoo

hi @SmilingGecko  I slept okay in the end, just made sure I was really tired and try to relax so dont cough guess, once start, hard to stop.

Dr examined me other day, said all signs normal, throat clear, lungs clear, O2 okay, heart okay

I had a sore well, neck more than throat few days before cough and was working in a very dusy (toxic no doubt) area etc so tests said not cold, flu or covid, phlegm green (still) might try to see dr in day or 2 if still happening. What I used to do was just go for a swim and that would clear lungs out and stop cough lol, dont really feel up to that though. Will try pineapple. Dr said stuff from chemist is a waste of time lol

take it easy @Judi9877 

YAY! Go @TAB . Yes it was pineapple juice with honey and other things like ginger.  Apparently it does work better than cough syrup.  Some of these cough syrups don't mix with psych medications. I used to take a cheap cough mixture that was not contraindicated with meds. But yeah pineapple juice seems to work better.  I hope you get it under control - good luck! Heart

okay thanks @SmilingGecko  just told work would be okay to work next monday so best to try a few things, may end up with bags of cough lollies in pockets next week otherwise Thanks Cat Happy

Good Morning all on this thread ...

Sad news to share.  Its cactus.

https:www.abc.net.au/news/2021-12-01/aboriginal-death-in-custody-victoria-dame-phyllis-frost-centre/... 

Putting things in context ... kinda ....each story is unique and valuable.

https://www.aic.gov.au/statistics/deaths-custody 

Better get on to something better .... Good idea @SmilingGecko 

pineapple.jpg

https://tenor.com/view/fruits-pineapple-gif-10329373 

@TAB  I am going ok thanks. I hope you are feeling better 😊

Thanks @Ant7  yes, a bit better, just annoying now as much as anything

Hope you are going okay

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

For 24-hour telephone crisis support, call Lifeline on 13 11 14

If life is in danger, call 000