Skip to main content

Re: Father's Day grief

Hi @ArraDreaming thank you for responding. I am glad that you are taking steps to change the cycle within your family. That takes courage. Well done.

2012f3df25d94222b9cf00ae5f13b493.jpg

Sometimes I don't feel strong at all @tyme. I have spent so much time being a mess when depressed and blocking the world out. But I do seem to get over it and then continue treatment or find a new workshop to do, to help build my knowledge of why I suffer like I do, and what skills I can learn to make my life more bearable. 

Many people tell me that I am strong, but most days don't see that.

Hi @tyme @I am giving my Mum and 2 sisters these little presents for Father's Day. I also purchased one for myself. 

20240831_165609.jpg

20240831_170155.jpg

Awwww. That's lovely @Mustang67 

Hold them close to your heart.

Hi @Mustang67, I'm sorry about your father, and it's totally understandable how it must be especially hard at this time of year.  Especially with all the advertising we get bombarded with... of course with no regard for the many people who would find it difficult.

@MJG017 And unfortunately since my Dad died on Christmas Day, it will make anything relating to the follow up to Christmas also hard to see and deal with. I don't even want to celebrate Christmas anymore.

But when it is my Dad's birthday in November, the family are all going out to lunch at a place near the beach that has my Dad's name in the business name. We want to celebrate the life that he had and obviously still remember him.

@Eve7 Thank you for your support. You don't need to say anything, your support is enough.

@Mustang67  It's totally understandable that Christmas day and that time will be hard for you to enjoy with all the memories it will bring.  The lunch in November sounds like a wonderfully loving way to all get together and honour and remember him.

We're all here for you as Christmas gets closer and you want some company to help you through. ❤️

@MJG017 thank you so much for your support it means a lot 😊

But I need to get better at communicating when my mood starts to move in a downward direction. As this is when I shut the whole world out. But in fact is exactly the right time to reach out for support. So I am making this something I need to work on.

I hope your having a pleasant day 🤗

@Mustang67  It sounds like something we both have trouble with then.   I do exactly the same thing   When I start to struggle, the first thing I do is withdraw from everyone and everything.

For 24-hour telephone crisis support, call Lifeline on 13 11 14

If life is in danger, call 000