Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: rough time

Happy to talk of you wish @outlander

If *

im just over everything @MDT sick and tired of being sick and tired

I concur @outlander

Me too hey
Former-Member
Not applicable

@outlander 😞💕

the caring gig is so hard sometimes @Former-Member I don't seem to be getting any better at it either, just keep making everything worse.
cant keep up financially and its just causing more stress.

@outlander 💜💙❤️

Former-Member
Not applicable

Yes @outlander .. It is indeed a tough gig. I dont know what makes you think you are bad at being a carer though. Of course your MH circumstances makes coping with the inevitable stresses involved in caring for your Pop, that much harder. All any of us do, is our best. I know you do that @outlander  ... often to the detriment of your own health and personal needs. For someone so young, I think you do a great job. In fact it saddens me greatly that you do not seem to have a young persons life at all. You seem to be always burdened with other peoples responsibilities re your pop and your siblings. And you have to work to try to make ends meet. From what I can gather, you also have to fund your pops living and medical expenses much of the time. All so unfair. Taking everything into account ... you do amazingly well. Please give yourself due credit.

Sherry

more and more I am not coping being around pop @Former-Member lately I can barely stand to be in the same room but I don't know why. I know the things he does or says isn't 'him' but its hard to be around. I cant say much to anyone because then its my fault or im over reacting or whatever else.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

For 24-hour telephone crisis support, call Lifeline on 13 11 14

If life is in danger, call 000