Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Rosewood
Contributor

Vent/ Tw sh

I feel useless and worthless, the amount of trouble I get in is due to my mental health. My family thinks it’s For attention when in reality I am actually struggling, I get yelled at to get up if im down or yelled at to eat if im struggling eat, they all think it’s what teens go through. I tried talking to them I tried explaining but they choose to not understand and punish me for feeling the way I am. I just feel trapped Inside my own head.

Content/trigger warning
they even think my sh is for attention half of the reason I sh is because of them, I just really feel aloan no one understands how I’m feeling all they say is that I’m selfish for feeling this way, I can’t take anymore of this. 

thank you for listening 

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Vent/ Tw sh

Hi @Rosewood ,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having a hard time at the moment. It must be so hard, being in so much pain and not feeling supported by your family.

I just wanted to check in, are you safe at the moment?

Unfortunately, we're not a crisis service, so if you do need extra support tonight please call a helpline (e.g. Lifeline on 13 11 14). 

How do you look after your self when you're feeling like this? 

- PrincessLettuce

Thank you and I am safe, I normally just read 

Hi @Rosewood 

I can really feel your pain through your words,

Have you seen your GP regarding how you feel.

While your family doesnt seem to support you, do you have any good friends who you can really talk to regarding how you are feeling.  I know that when I finally spoke to my best friend about what I was going through, it really helped.

Best of luck to you

hi @Rosewood  hope you are doing good. you are not at all useless or worthless. Don't even think like that. Its normal to face problems in teenage. Sometimes even simple things become problem. That's according to way you see it. Lets slowly give time to solve that. We are always with you. 💌

Thank you so much 😊 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

For 24-hour telephone crisis support, call Lifeline on 13 11 14

If life is in danger, call 000