Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

supermodel
Contributor

Pisch

IMG_20240209_231915_418.jpg

PISCH 

ARTIST'S STATEMENT 

Inferring the promotion of light to any subject.. As the light cast down onto the tree in the darkness, the surrounding landscape is lacking influence, understanding or detail. 

The big issue relates to how we identify to the ideal without capturing the entire.

6 REPLIES 6
chibam
Senior Contributor

Re: Pisch

You know you've made it to the top when society starts pisching on you. 😋🤣

@supermodel I just want to say I love that you've posted this, and given a didactic to boot!

I practice art and am an exhibiting artist also, so I love seeing stuff like this. Do you find expression in this way helpful?

Thanks I really appreciate the feedback 😃

I'm working towards being able to exhibit my work ATM but it's been years in the making.. i found my artwork a great distraction most of my work was created before/early onset in my illness so it was set upon as a sense of pride being able to push my work out trying to gain traction with what pieces I had when I was struggling.. I definitely relate to the arts being an outlet for people and some of the creatives that it comes naturally to are amazing I don't "get" a lot of reckless art but appreciate people dipping their feet in as artists and you can see when someone has genuine purpose in their work!!

It's an onslaught trying to be noticed online when your not exhibiting, smoozing or doing the socials of an artist.. so have just been hoping something comes along that gives me an opportunity to promote myself and have my work recognised.

Thanks again I'd love to see your work so don't be afraid to post some yourself! 

@Xibon 

Hey @supermodel, it's terrific to hear that you're working on being able to exhibit, and I want to extend a huge congratulations. That first step to make a 'goal' is so important ❤️

The art world is quite scary and brutal. If the online sphere is your only outlet, this is even more pronounced. But there are welcoming spaces out there. NAVA is great as a resource for finding artistic communities, events, resources, and getting to know others. They offer advocacy, internships, online learning and more even as a free member (https://visualarts.net.au/)

Are there any small galleries you attend? Exhibition openings at small galleries are a great way to meet likeminded people, and many galleries run free social artmaking clubs ❤️

I'd love to share some work, I'll throw a couple below (: I have a fair amount of portrait work too, but I'm aware that if I share it I may risk breaching anonymity.

Aggressive Negotiations - Max Taylor.jpgCapture.JPG

wicked mate love your work and hope you keep at it!! 

I've had a few mates that work as professionals and have been very lucky with their chosen professions out of touch these days but I follow their progress as much as I can.. 

I used to frequent a few galleries up in Newcastle when I was up that way but it never really became a social scene for me dealing with everything going on at the time.. would have loved to make that step! 

Thanks for sharing your work! 

@supermodel thank you so much! I usually find time each week for a little artistic expression. I love doing philosophical/satirical work around socio-political issues and history. But am exhibiting less and less - I only have one show this year.

That's amazing to hear. It's always lovely to see our friends succeed.

I also used to live in Newcastle. There is a great art scene there, and I started uni (B/Fine Art haha) there before transferring. It's a vibrant community, less so since the axing of some university degrees and funding however. It's never too late to get involved, if you should so wish, and I'd love to be your audience if not 😊

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

For 24-hour telephone crisis support, call Lifeline on 13 11 14

If life is in danger, call 000