Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Loneliness

Dear @tyme 

@cloudcore 

@Lila3 

@Doldip15 

@PinkFlamingo 

The good news is that I'll be able to make @PinkFlamingo  sausage rolls on Monday. 

Thankyou @Doldip15 I have been looking up U3A things to tell my ex husband and actually for myself. Loved, loved your message @Doldip15 

I loved reading your @tyme 's message and tips associated.

I completely agree with the gym thing - iv got the coolest - physiotherapist or as I call him -

Professional nagger

at the gym I go in a small group of people and I'm forcing myself outside for 20 minute walk most days. 

I'm trying very hard to have the best life because iv heard from 60 to 70 years are supposed to be the best years of your life......

My beloved partner doesn't think  exactly like me ( haha ) and  he's obsessed with footy. He keeps on speaking ' let's go for a walk in Kings Park- just across the road from us but it doesn't eventuate because he's lazy. 

You brought up good ideas - go to gym with someone 

Go for walk with my partner 

Get motivated

I'm going for a snooze now. I'll def. Go for a walk when wake up. 

Re: Living with Loneliness

Hey there @Doldip15 🌺🙂

reading your post really made me smile - i loved reading how being amongst the people here on the forums has made a positive difference! 🙌🏻☺️💜

You’re right, when those more difficult or challenging times come along, we have each other, we have care and compassion, and we - I believe - have greater resilience together. 
I hope you’re doing well this weekend, and you have a lovely day 🤗🌺💜

Hey there @PeppyPatti 🙂🌺

I hope you enjoy making the sausage rolls, and you like them! ☺️ 

when I was still married so very many years ago, my ex-cake used to call them street rolls, because the neighbourhood loved them - the batches I was making were getting huge…some 80 at a time, sometimes! It didn’t matter - I loved sharing something nice with the peeps in the old streets ☺️

have fun and enjoy 🌺💜🤗

Love some homemade goodies @PinkFlamingo & @ peppypatti.

Yesterday I baked a triple ginger 🫚 loaf! First go at this recipe!

My word!! Delicious. Gave some to my mum & grandfather who's unwell (95 years old). Soo delictable & fun to make a mess of the kitchen.

Lots of walking 🚶‍♂️ with my dachshund yesterday. Yoga this morning to find some balance to all the indulgence! 😉

That loaf sounds delicious @Lila3 ☺️🍞🌺

I was wondering if you’d like to share it sometime, in the Cook Along thread? 🙂

I would definitely give it a try! ☺️

I hope you’re feeling good after yoga this morning 🌺☺️💜

Oh cool @Lila3 

Yoga how cool is that.

I thought. - that from 60 to 70 yrs old is supposed to be the best years of our lives for women. So I'm working towards that. 

Sounds like your pretty much there.... 

skateboard-girl.jpg

• japan-photography-tatsuto-shibata-11.jpg

It's a horrible empty feeling. I'm estranged from my only Daughter. I haven't seen her for 4 years and she's now 20. It's a very long story but the times that I have tried to reach out she's uses it as an opportunity to gaslight me. So I've stopped.

Loneliness is extremely debilitating. It exacerbates depression and anxiety. I live on my own and mostly work from home.

I was getting treated poorly at work so started to work from home. I'll be giving my notice to leave shortly as the toxic environment has caused my depression to get worse. I've been offered another position but my confidence has hit rock bottom and I have trouble trusting people. That's when procrastination sets in. 

I appreciate being part of this group. 🙏

Hi there @Artemis8 ,

Thank you for having the courage to reach out and share what's been going on for you. It sounds like there's a lot happening. 

I'm sorry you have been estranged from your daughter for 4 years. I cannot relate to this as a mother, but I can relate to it as a daughter. I was estranged from my parents for about 10 years. Never spoke to saw them. This was because of my own mental health. However, I should add that I have since reconnected with them - this happened in my 30s when I was in a better place mentally.

Please know you are not alone in what it happening for you. I'm glad you hear you have work lined up and you are able to set your boundaries so that you know to removed yourself from toxic situations.

Trust is a hard one, and for me, I see it that trust needs to be earned. It takes time and isn't something that develops overnight. I can certainly relate to having trust issues.

Please continue reaching out and look after yourself.

@Artemis8 Sounds like you're dealing with a lot & it's painful for you.

This can be a good place to connect with others who've had a fair dose of suffering. Also we connect by sharing what keeps us going; what helps us 😃 smile.

I walked my dog this afternoon & we saw rumbling storm clouds & also & 🌈 rainbow.

@tyme thanks for sharing about your estrangement from your family due to mental health issues. 10 years is a long time.

I've been distant / low contact from my family on/ off over years.

There's various reasons: keeping boundaries, experiencing DV (& PTSD), hurt feelings about things from the past.

Currently I am in contact with my parents, sister & niece.

I just try to accept the past & be present in the moment.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

For 24-hour telephone crisis support, call Lifeline on 13 11 14

If life is in danger, call 000