Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Jaded towards psychiatrists, but hopeful

You certainly do @CherryBomb
Actually, hope you have 5 mins to let you know of a fab book called ..... Oh ..... Geez..... Forgot the name ...... Something ..... but it's by two authors, one is an absolute favourite author Jennifer Rutherford about living in spaces in Australia ..... Ille look the book up.... I'm meaning to rebuy it again and reread .....
Okay I hear your giggling ..... Yes it's true
Buy or go to library and get books before eating
Okay ??? Lol

Yesterday I go to a friends house for our birthday day. We three celebrate our birthday every year and give each other presents ..... They bot have experience in Working with MI, both are art therapists
I lent the book of object relations to one xx

Hi @CherryBomb
Yes you do reflect. Keep my crumbling intelligence going.
So does @Appleblossom
The book is " the half way house, Poetics of Australian Spaces.' By Jennifer Rutherford.

I feel so sad for u I really do. You r to b commended for putting your baby's needs first. However if mum doesn't take care of herself either then your baby may suffer the consequences too. It's like playing Russian roulette with your state of mind. Don't settle for the same old same old. You deserve better than that n so does your baby. Is there a mental health community centre in your area. Look in the phone book or on the Internet for one that's govt funded. If not then get onto a women's help line. Let your eyes n fingers do the walking. Phone calls r cheaper than fuel n it's getting too hot to b running around town. Let me know how u go. Two minds r better than none.

@CannonSalt my last GP was very clear that any referral he made was subject to me feeling good about the person ... and said he was ok to write new referrals for 2nd, 3rd opinions if needed ... but he also wanted to kindly warn me that there were some new practitioners in the area that he thought might not be the best for me ... I dont know how common that is among GPs or if it depends on the relationship built up over time ... the thought of a person whom I could truly feel comfortable  with is a beguiling hope ... ah  ...maybe one day ...

My mother sent me the following article, and I thought it would be relevant here.

"No, you are not an hysterical female, and this is not just anxiety." by Patti Digh

http://www.37days.com/no-you-are-not-an-hysterical-female-and-this-is-not-just-anxiety/

After falling onto her head and having concussion, double vision, blood clots, vertigo, etc. etc. Ms. Digh was told it was 'just anxiety'. It was also 'just anxiety' because she went into the hospital on a weekend rather than wait until Monday. Then later on, she had a heart attack. It gives some good tips for red flags with doctors.

Jaded towards doctors but hopeful.

I have allowed my GP to let his med students interview me ... but this doctor had respect and therefore so did the student .. also I was hanging out in the same red carpeted medical library at the time ... inside information goes a long way ....

I think I am grieving my old doc ... gradually letting go and moving on.

How are you going @CannonSalt

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

For 24-hour telephone crisis support, call Lifeline on 13 11 14

If life is in danger, call 000