Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

MrELVIS
Casual Contributor

I hate my life

I so sick of living with Spina Bifida and having to use an electric wheelchair, I put so much weight on because of COVID-19, I'm just sick of living

7 REPLIES 7

Re: I hate my life

@MrELVIS  Mr ELVIS welcome to the forums. Sorry to hear that times are so tough on you. I know what you mean about weight gain .... for me it is my medications .... unfortunately nothing to be done. We are a friendly bunch here and someone will always be around to talk to. Love your cute pups :). Take care. greenpeax

Honestly I'm going through something similar at the moment @MrELVIS. I wish there was a magic pill to take to cure all types of illness. I'm really struggling with my health and my suicidal thoughts are getting stronger, my melt downs are becoming more and more common. Physical health definitely effects mental health. 
Do you live with anyone that is able to support you at the moment? Or have a friend that can come support you? 

Thanks, yes my medication that's supposed to make me happy doesn't help with my addiction to carbs or weight loss

Yes I've got supports but they don't really understand how I feel

😊 

@MrELVIS  Hey Mr ELVIS I hope you are feeling a bit better this morning :). Just giving you the heads up. When you want to talk to people put a @ in front of their name like I and @PlantLover  did for you and the person will get a notification of your post :). Take good care of yourself. greenpeax

Yeah I get that. A lot of medications can cause weight gain, It's so frustrating. Exercise is a big part of losing weight, neither you or myself can exercise so that makes it very difficult. Food is my comfort. If I'm upset, bored etc I eat. Food is just always there. 

Do you have a psychologist to support you in regards to the food and your weight?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

For 24-hour telephone crisis support, call Lifeline on 13 11 14

If life is in danger, call 000