Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Finally home from hospital

Hi @Queenie:
I'm glad you are home, why you can't see psicologist?, are you did mental plan with your GP?, psicologist are unlimited when your suffer mental illness. I can go many times I want it all for free, thanks God. Psquiatric I only pay $20 a visit of my pocket, Medicare cover the rest.
Don't give up and stay strong, I'm here for you if you want to talk.😘

Hi @Lissette, my psychiatrist basically is of the opinion I don't need a psychologist so that's why I couldn't see one. Now I am home though, I am going to follow up with my GP and get a mental health care plan so I can see one. I think it would be of some benefit to me really. 

I am lucky that my psychiatrist bulk bills me so I never have to pay out of pocket expenses. He is the only one around that I know of that does this though and he is near retirement age, so who knows what will happen in the future. 

Thanks for your reply. It's much appreciated.

Hi @Former-Member thanks for replying. I wish there are more success voices-wise too, but I guess it's a work in progress really. It is about balancing meds and distraction I think. Today so far they aren't too bad. I am going out later to the park which will be nice. It is a beautiful day here, so fingers crossed today will be good. I've just googled hearing voices groups in an area I am moving to and found one close by. I will check it out on Tuesday. 

I am also not going to give up on finding a good psychologist. My gf has offered I see her therapist, but I think that would be difficult and could create a conflict of interest for the therapist involved seeing both of us separately. I'll find my own one I think. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

For 24-hour telephone crisis support, call Lifeline on 13 11 14

If life is in danger, call 000