Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: A long rave

@Gazza75 

Thanks

@Former-Member 

Hope you enjoy the show.

Smiley Happy

Choirs are not for everybody.

Everything you said made absolute sense to me, but seemed your situation was not well handled.  I have been in accompaniment and conductor roles in community, but found all the politicking too hard so signed up for choir as a regular cheap night out when my son was a teenager, so we could have space, and I could learn some repertoire.  I was learning about it as a skill mode, I had studied a bit at uni and the family had long interest.  I definitely distinguish between community choir, classical choir and opera chorus.  They are 3 different beasts.   I am more skilled than a chorister and my 2 current conductors know that and value me. Last night I was hamming it up with the tenors singing robustly  ... after ditching the super squealiy sops for the blokes.   I was super shy when young and did not sing .... spoke behind my hand ,,, decades later ,,, now I have fair technique and enjoyed Wagner spinning chorus, but the repetitieur put me off ... .... and I am on a broader musical artistic and life journey ... I also wanted to check out the total environment my son had been involved in before he had a bad episode ... hmmmm ...  he had sung with them the year before ,,, I saw enough to understand.

Good night ALL
@Former-Member  @Gazza75  @eth @outlander 

Hope you enjoy the musical @Former-Member

Goodnight @Gazza75 @eth @Appleblossom and all passing through
Former-Member
Not applicable

@outlander 

Thanks

Nice night out not too hot at all

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Appleblossom 

Thanks for explaining the choirs. Makes sense as to why ive had problems.

Maybe im just not a choir person.

Im definitely not a sop tho

Maybe musical theatre is where i belong i used to sing as a paid job in nursing homes. I sang all the songs from musicals in mezzo range. 

No they didnt handle it well both times.

Maybe ill get more confident once i find friends here.

Nice night out tonight its not hot at all

Good morning @Appleblossom @Former-Member @Gazza75 @outlander  and anyone else around here today.  Hope the day goes smoothly for all.

I have to get off here and prep for my presentation this morning.  Have decided to cut right back on the amount on information I share and keep it more broadly focused rather than just about relationship and family abuse.  e.g. the many different forms of abuse - things that are relevant for people with disabilities, not just people who've had dv or csa in their life.

Have a nice morning all.  I'll probably be back this afternoon.

Good luck @eth 

Have a good day @Former-Member @outlander @Appleblossom 🙂 

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Gazza75 

@eth 

@Appleblossom 

@outlander 

Enjoy ur day

Bit tired from being up late.

Lollipop duty on a great site then catching up on my studies then aqua tonight

Might try & get Piano prac & singing training in too today oh yes the weekly dishes r staring at me. 

Thanks a lot @Gazza75   I'm feeling fairly well prepared and surprisingly calm about it.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

For 24-hour telephone crisis support, call Lifeline on 13 11 14

If life is in danger, call 000