Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Powderfinger
Senior Contributor

My day. Ho hum.

Just about to make some dinner. Pizza and garlic bread it is for me tonight. It's been a full on day and I am glad this one is almost over. One down to go. I have had to strap my foot up. Long story. Im totally over Christmas. In my books, Christmas is over on boxing day. I have always felt like that. Has anyone else? I am taking the tree down hopefully on boxing day and then recovery time. Over for another year, woopee. I know my life is shit. I do not look too much because its just too painful and hard. It being the anniversary today was excruciating to not say a word about it. I felt like such a stranger. Sometimes the cards you are dealt is just not a fair hand. Back to work for me. 

12 REPLIES 12

Re: My day. Ho hum.

@Powderfinger  Hey Powderfinger for me it was the day after Boxing Day. Pizza for us today. Hopiing you are okay. Keep in touch. Love peaxxx

@greenpea 

Hi greenpea. 

Close enough pea. Yes, pizza like the ninja turtles lol. Cannot remember which one if them loved pizza or maybe it was all of them? 

I'm still up.at just after 2:30 am, just getting these chairs done asap for pick up.on Friday. I'm on schedule... Just. Will hopefully get to bed soon and finish them off tomorrow lunch time if early afternoon. 

I hope you are ok.too. 

Luv Powderfinger. 🌈☺️🙃

@Powderfinger  Hoping you have a peaceful sleep today. Take care. Love peaHeart

Hey @Powderfinger @Yes it's always a full on day of emotions and am always relieved when it had passed. Pizza and garlic bread sound perfect and a restful evening in store. I too take my little tree down within days as it evokes too many memories of years when family did gather together under my roof. I chose to be gentle on myself today with a swim at the beach and a nice salad sandwich before heading home to a rainy afternoon. Have a peaceful evening and take care d

@Krishna I'm glad you chose to be gentle with yourself today. I know the memories are difficult and emotions hard to bear. Me, I don't engage with mine. I'd be a lunatic today if I did. I'm.sending gentle hugs and lots of care your way. Keep being gentle on yourself. 

@Powderfinger @Krishna @greenpea hey there everyone

I hope today is okay for you

I did a lot of thinking over Christmas about how people do have trouble through this period.

I hope you are around today to say G'day:)

@Flying_Hams 

Yes, I agree so many of us terribly affected on what is supposed to be a loving and happy time of the year. 

I think I feel even worse today than the previous two days. Have had some not so good news on top of everything else already happening. I just feel sick, sad, upset and had enough really. 

What can you do atm @Powderfinger ?
To take your mind out of where you are atm ?

Absolutely nothing. I understand your question and why you are asking. I'm just suffering from exhaustion. Struct orders from doctor to completely rest. More on that later. I'm just simply sitting and doing nothing. Very odd for me to do. I'm always busy with something. Got to listen to the doc. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

For 24-hour telephone crisis support, call Lifeline on 13 11 14

If life is in danger, call 000