Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: COVID19 - Unpacking fact vs fiction! + Self Care Strategies

@MaddieCat Welcome to the forums Heart We're a supportive community here and will always be available to listen and support you through this time. How you travelling today?

@Former-Member  Really hoping the grocery situation eases up, this must be very challenging. Are there any delivery/take away services in your area that you can lean on at all? It looks like Coles is announcing a priority service soon as well. Let us know how you're travelling @Former-Member  Heart

You mean for food @Former-Member? I'm not supposed to eat that because its one of my ED triggers. Having this grocery plan in place is important because it means I don't have money to spend on that and no choice but to be accountable for making more sensible and appropriate food choices. Hope that makes sense. If you mean places to buy groceries in general, none that I have found as of yet. I do have a priority assistance with Woolworths but it doesn't make any difference apparently. 

Hi Everyone, just joined this forum today. Have a suggestion regarding self care strategies especially if you forget to keep them going regularly. Try to keep a routine and if necessary set an alarm/phone/stove timer for about an hour ahead or how often you need to, just to remind yourself its time to practice you coping skills. This is great if you are alone or isolated, breaking up the day into small manageable pieces can also help. Make a plan, then break it down into smaller goals. tick them off when completed, it is good to see if you are making progress throughout the day.

Another pic to help us through this time with some positive thinking. Think I need to use this too.

90146790_10206522546740134_6917414897475125248_n.jpg

@Former-Member I really do hope the supermarkets create solid priority delivery services, keep us updated Heart We're all here to listen and support you.

@Snowie That is a great infographic. Thank you heaps for sharing this!

@Mex Agreed! Routine and plan really is going to be the most paramount aspect of this entire experience. Thank you so much for this strategy, I really appreciated reading it. How are you holding up with it all overall?

Finding new ways to stay active is helping me. These forums are good, have started exercising by climbing up and down one flight of stairs outside my front door while still holding to physical distancing principles and other measures. There is a SANE forum on mindfulness on 31/3 at 7-8pm that I will try to be part of. We have to remember that all these suggestions will not work for everyone, so be patient and selective.

Hi you have a lot of time to plan your move. Moving house is stressful in itself here are some tips for moving that helped me:

Make a list of everything you pack according to which box they are in.

Number the boxes for future reference.

Keep all this information in one folder.

Make another folder for services you need like phone, removal truck hire and a list of phone numbers for the things that you need. This can help you find things when you need them.

Pace yourself, expect that there will be things you can't control that will happen. If one thing you are working on is stalled for some reason,work out what else you can do in the meantime. There is lots to do so filling your time will not be that difficult.  Continuing to move forward decreases stress in this situation, do what you can rather than worrying about what you can't do!

Keep us updated with wins and setbacks, cleaning you existing place may be part of the move, this can be done when filling in time between things that have stalled

I know you can do this.

Creative ways to exercise! @Mex Love this. Also found a few good ones on YouTube you can do it at home, including a bit of yoga 🙂 Great stuff.

276.jpg

Hi @Former-Member @Snowie @Shaz51 @Jupiter Not only am I feeling shut in at home on Sunday my beloved beagle of 12 years had to be euthanised because he had 2 large tumours on his spleen. Now my house and garden feel empty and void but I'm not meant to leave the house except for the essentials.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

For 24-hour telephone crisis support, call Lifeline on 13 11 14

If life is in danger, call 000