Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: COVID19 - Unpacking fact vs fiction! + Self Care Strategies

Went up the street today. People were lining up outside Aldi at 8:30am. It didn't open till 9:30am. I took one look in coles and went straight home. Too overwhelming for me and too many people.

@Jupiter Eleanor Oliphant is completely fine is a fantastic book!

Another one - a quick and wonderful read - is The Red Notebook by Antoine Laurain

Hi @Knick and @Millieme good to see you here.

I'm the same with routine @Knick  - it's really important for my mental health too. That and sleep, which is not easy atm.

And hearing you on the overwhelmed front @Millieme I'm the same.

Hi @Imogen @Snowie @Former-Member and everyone.

We're all in this together and it helps me to hear how all of you are travelling.

Its a pretty easy, light-hearted read  @Imogen. Your book sounds like a very interesting one, I might have a look Smiley Happy

I haven't heard of The Red Notebook by Antoine Laurain @frog but I'm always up for some suggestions as there are so many to choose from when trying to find a book!

@Snowie I'm the same. I've been walking past supermarkets, looking in and running away.

I was walking somewhere and on the way I took my little trolly and just filled it up a little from the small shops. It wasn't much but I felt a little more capable with easy access to the street as opposed to the big chains.

AND lol... I scored a huge roll of commercial toilet paper. So my anxiety driven approach was good on one front at least!

Thanks for the welcome @Former-Member I actually looked hopefully for that feature first. For me social media is a fine line between obsession and connection with some of your community. I would love an option where I could have one without the other.

Thanks @Knick 

Glad I am not the only one who hates supermarkets.

Will try to tackle again tomorrowSmiley Frustrated

Saw this and thought it was a good thing to read through

Going to try tackle the shops later with my outreach worker. Hopefully it can be done with her.

84330192_3044861575564472_1119715497533767680_o.jpg

Hi @Jupiter it's an interesting read but not light - the barbarity of those times is incomprehensible.

Hi @frog 

This virus is just starting to stress me. I don't like unknowns and even my rock, my husband, seems to be crumbling. He is the shopper and cook so it's easier for me to stay away from the stress of supermarkets. I don't like the idea of social isolation it sounds better to say physical isolation. I guess I could find places to go where there aren't crowds of people but I rely on structure to keep me well and my routines are falling apart. Being able to communicate with people in a similar situation online is a blessing - Thankyou SANE for the forums.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

For 24-hour telephone crisis support, call Lifeline on 13 11 14

If life is in danger, call 000