Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: COVID19 - Unpacking fact vs fiction! + Self Care Strategies

Hi everyone, I'm so happy to have found this community.  I'm really struggling with my mental health in the midst of this pandemic.  

I know how important it is to limit my media intake because I soon as I start to read the news I feel my anxiety levels rise, but somehow I keep getting drawn back to it despite my resolution not to.  Does anyone else have this experience?  Any tips?

hello @MaddieCat@Knick@BlueBells , @Former-Member 

very understandable to have anxiety at this time 

yes and with the media talking about it all the time does not help 

Does anyone else have this experience? -- @MaddieCat  I think we are all experiencing it my friend 

you are not alone , I think to involve some self care throughout the day , i find the Sane forum is so great helping us , 

doing things we like doing , what things do you like 

do have a coping box in good to have too 

@Faith-and-Hope@eth , @Former-Member , @CheerBear@outlander@frog@Teej@Appleblossom , @Former-Member 

@Shaz51 @MaddieCat @BlueBells @Knick @Former-Member  and others reading ...

Had a small gathering of like minded friends in a park ... so easy to keep 1.5 metres apart ...

Smiley Happy

Thanks for your support @Shaz51 

No, I don't have a coping box.  

What do you put in one?

Thinking physical distancing and aspects of hygeine and touch etc ... rather than social distancing ...

this is  unimelb discussion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjnO9ExoGHY&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR1jxwMuGiqx-pB_Bhme5sj6HN7MNr... 

@MaddieCat @Appleblossom @Shaz51 @Knick @Former-Member  and anyone else here ... some threads that might help ....

Coping Box 

Re: what’s in your tool box ? 

toolbox 

Thanks for those links @eth  👍

Hi and welcome to the forums @MaddieCat 👋

Hi also @Appleblossom @Former-Member @Shaz51 ..... anyone else around .....

control.jpg

How is everyone dealing with online grocery delivery from Coles being gone, and Woolworths having massively reduced available delivery slots? That is a very important part of my routine, especially managing my finances, I usually pre-calculate all my bills and necessary expenses and subtract them from my DSP so I know in advance how much free money (if any at all) I have each fortnight. Part of that includes going to Coles/Woolworths website (whichever is available as far as my necessary groceries is concerned) and subtracting that cost from my DSP in advance. This fortnight was the first where Coles online suspended and Woolworths currently has no delivery slots available for the indefinite future (at least where I live, its looking like none for 8 days so far) I am going a tad batty trying to find alternative means of acquiring groceries. I can't drive and have no car to put them in even if I did drive, and I can't carry all my groceries home at once if I am to go out (which I would rather not) I am doing everything to stay inside unless I get mail, which is what I do usually anyways so the "isolation" part is not a problem for me. Its the loss of being able to do things like this which are a part of my normal routine and managing my overall wellbeing. 

Woolworths is doing a priority delivery service: https://www.woolworths.com.au/shop/discover/priorityassistance
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

For 24-hour telephone crisis support, call Lifeline on 13 11 14

If life is in danger, call 000